Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often are you charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering how everyone is on charging?

I’m almost doing it daily because just like to drive so much of it lol.

Also any recommendation?
Should it be drained more before charge?
Or charge as much as you can?

Free super charging gotta take advantage of it! Never know when they gonna start charging

Thank you.

Attachments

• 284B5631-020D-4BAF-9933-9C89B720B2F1.jpeg
    284B5631-020D-4BAF-9933-9C89B720B2F1.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 14F7517C-3608-4C52-BD7D-3258D2FF5F00.jpeg
    14F7517C-3608-4C52-BD7D-3258D2FF5F00.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Lots of small charges are better than fewer large charges. The closer you stay to 50% charge the better. That's just what I've taken from reading TMC for a couple of years, and it's pretty much just generic lithium battery advice. But I haven't seen anyone claim crazy degradation if you stray from this. Tesloop Supercharged their S's to 100% every day and their batteries were fine. So you can just do what Tesla says (plugged in, above 90% only for travel) or try to optimize a bit more. Maybe in 10 years we'll have better data.

just wondering how everyone is on charging?

I’m almost doing it daily because just like to drive so much of it lol.

Also any recommendation?
Should it be drained more before charge?
Or charge as much as you can?

Free super charging gotta take advantage of it! Never know when they gonna start charging

Thank you.

Basically 90% of us charge everyday. The others who don't usually are those without reliable home charging options. Don't worry about specific charging habits, the battery management computer makes it really hard to kill your battery unless you drain it to zero multiple times a week and charge to 100% everyday.

I charge to 80%. Your battery is likely to outlast basically every other component in the car (even the drive unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.