Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how often do you charge?

Charge occurrences?

• Everyday

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • Whenever I feel like it.

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 2-4 times/week

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Drain to low and then charge

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

bktiger86

Sep 3, 2016
West Covina, CA
I kinda want to take a poll to find out how often people charge their Teslas. I know Tesla wants users to charge everyday, but I've been doing it 2-3 days depending on my driving. I'm so used to thinking the fact to drain the battery to around 20% and then charge to 80-90%.

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
Keep the car plugged in when you can and let the battery management system manage the battery. Nothing has changed over the four years that this topic has been discusssed at length. You may want to search the past threads.

Reactions: Rocky_H and Joelc

bktiger86

Sep 3, 2016
West Covina, CA
Has been discussed a few times already. For example, see 'Keep it plugged in or let run down?' thread.

tl;dr - A happy Tesla is a plugged in Tesla.
Keep the car plugged in when you can and let the battery management system manage the battery. Nothing has changed over the four years that this topic has been discusssed at length. You may want to search the past threads.

Thank you both! Sorry about that, I should've searched in the previous threads.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC