Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you clean your Tesla?

How long do you clean your Tesla car?

• Once a week

Votes: 34 55.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Twice a month

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday,I met my Tesla Model X friend,I was so surprised about his car,because I knowed that he just clean his car the day before yesterday.So dirty in the car interior pads.
Be curiously,How long do you clean your Tesla car?
微信图片_20171111154600.jpg
微信图片_20171111154611.jpg
微信图片_20171111154605.jpg
微信图片_20171111154551.jpg
微信图片_20171111154617.jpg

I wash the outside of my Tesla 2 or 3 times a year. In the ten years I've had it I think I've vacuumed the carpets a couple of times. It's a car. Not a purebred show dog. I bought it because I hate gasoline and I love driving electric. Not to show off how clean I can keep a car.

Note: In the first year I probably washed it 5 or 6 times. Where I live, there's no point in washing a car in winter, but I always wash the salt off the undercarriage in the spring.

I just put her in ludicrous mode and accelerate. Dirt gets left behind. LOL

It depends on how you use your car. I don't allow food or beverages, so that limits dirt. I have a set of plastic floor shields so I am able to remove them frequently to dump out the dirt. I have a dust brush that I use on most upper surfaces to remove dust. I have black seats so most stuff does not show up. I vacuum every 2 months.

I only just washed the car as I wanted the paint to cure over the summer. I only park in my driveway at home and my driveway at work so, that limits dirt.

T

I wash the outside of my Tesla 2 or 3 times a year. In the ten years I've had it I think I've vacuumed the carpets a couple of times. It's a car. Not a purebred show dog.

Agreed! These are cars, They are meant to be driven and utilized. I drive the crap out of it and I drive my Roadster aggressively too.

Ultimately these are forms of transportation. I don't mess it up intentionally but I also am not afraid to get her muddy and dirty. I go to work. I shop. I get hardware and building supplies. I take kids to and from games and friends houses.I expect dirt and such will get in the car and under the pads to an extent.

My car is not a diamond ring that needs to be polished and shining. It is not a religious artifact that requires reverence and worship. Sure I clean and vacuum occasionally (because I am a clean person who does not want to live in a dirty place), but it is not an obsession or compulsion. I see my car as a modern day tool of necessity that allows me to move and function within society by taking on jobs that I would not otherwise be able to tackle without her assistance.

I am unsure if you are attacking your friend's insufficient cleaning efforts or if you are making a comment about how quickly Tesla vehicles attract dirt, or if you are commenting about how dirt can find hiding places in a Tesla.

Cars get dirty if you drive them, and it is not possible to absolutely sterilize and clean them on a moment to moment basis. To me, your friend's car looks fine, if not a bit overprotected with aftermarket seat and floor guards.

Regards

T

Last edited: