Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you have to reboot the display?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Periodically all of the sound goes out, not just the radio, but the nav, turn signals, everything. Reboot, it's okay. Yesterday, the a/c, the SiriusXM radio, Slacker and iPhone integration went haywire. The USB still played and the sound worked for other things. Reboot, it's okay. I've done probably close to a dozen reboots by now in the 2 months of ownership.

Is this a high number, low number pretty typical? I'm still on 17.5.28 so maybe that's the culprit.

17.4.14 I have noticed a wifi issue connecting to my network that previously had no issues connecting. I have had to reboot twice or about once a week, or it rebooted for me once. Nothing is weirder than having your car reboot while driving on the freeway. No loss of control just a different feeling.

I force reboot about once per month on average to resolve a problem of some type. I also have seen the the center screen reboot on its own once in a while. BTW, last week I was unable to communicate with my car using the Tesla mobile app for several hours. For some reason I didn't think a reboot was needed to correct this but I was wrong. I called Tesla to find out what was wrong and was instructed to reboot the center screen and that fixed the problem. Unfortunately I could not do that remotely where I was using the mobile app.

I force reboot about once per month on average to resolve a problem of some type. I also have seen the the center screen reboot on its own once in a while. BTW, last week I was unable to communicate with my car using the Tesla mobile app for several hours. For some reason I didn't think a reboot was needed to correct this but I was wrong. I called Tesla to find out what was wrong and was instructed to reboot the center screen and that fixed the problem. Unfortunately I could not do that remotely where I was using the mobile app.

In the last few months, (I've had my 90D since March-2016), I've had to reboot the center screen once per month, on average. The screen freezes and does not respond to any touches.

I listen to podcasts daily, never had an issue.

Reboot solves the issue.

Hmmm. The last problem with the a/c, etc. may have been related to the fact that the car was "smart conditioning" and I didn't notice. I hit the climate button on the app on my way out walking to the car, realized I had actually turned it off, and then hit it again within a second or two. The "no sound" thing happens quite frequently though.

Reactions: rickgt
Every 2 or 3 months. The only thing that prompts me to do this is the loss of the green/yellow/red traffic indicators on the navigation map. Also lose the blue NAV line when using the navigator. Everything else works fine as far as I know. A reboot restores all the colored lines.

17.4.14 I have noticed a wifi issue connecting to my network that previously had no issues connecting. I have had to reboot twice or about once a week, or it rebooted for me once. Nothing is weirder than having your car reboot while driving on the freeway. No loss of control just a different feeling.
Try it at night, I nearly had a heart attack.

After reading the experiences here, it seems my reboot frequency is not the norm. I hope its just network access thing. The cell signal is notoriously bad where I work (near an International airport) and where I live (downtown), so I'm wondering if it could be a handshake kind of thing when powering on the car. The same issue with cell reception sometimes plagues me when trying to remotely access the car with the app.