Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you have to relogin to the Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
android user - the app updated ( i was manually updating other apps and saw this one needed updating ) yesterday and i did not have to relogin. ive never had to re-login since i picked up the car and started using the app in march.

Yep, I'd say I have to login about every other month. I haven't attempted to tie it to a triggering event yet. When it happens, I simply pull up the password out of my Keychain on the iPhone and login again; takes a few seconds to find the password and login. No biggie, so I never got too concerned about it.

I can probably count on one and a half hands how many times I've had to re-login in the past 2 years. Once or twice it was simply because things didn't seem to be working right, so I manually logged out and back in.

It's pretty much like any other app. Occasionally, for some random reason, it will require you to log in again. Not a huge deal to me.

I just added face recognition to the app last week, but otherwise I think the login is tied to either of both:
  1. Tesla app update
  2. Apple iOS update
In the 3 months I've had the car, I've only had to re-login twice. I guess that makes 3 logins, including the first. But I know I got 2 Apple iOS updates in the last few months, for sure.