Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you have to reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the MY since March 6, and I've had to reset 3 times because the touchscreen was unresponsive. Is that normal? Is it just like your phone, and it's to be expected that we'll have to reset from time to time?

What was interesting is that even though the touchscreen didn't work, I was able to still control things through my phone like open up the trunk/frunk and change the climate controls.

It was just a little disconcerting because I didn't realize the touchscreen was unresponsive until after I was already on the move.
You might have a defective cable.
Many of us with 2021 Model Y's made in March had to get a special cable replaced to fix this issue.

You'll see how we all came to the conclusion in Page 3 of that thread and ultimately got our cars repaired.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
The screen reset on me twice within 5 minutes from each other while driving today. It's happened to me at least 5 times since owing it 3/31/21. Sucks when it happens especially when driving because there are no physical controls.

So it sounds like I'm having to reset it more often than others. I was hoping it was not out of the ordinary. At the same time, I haven't experienced any black screen that others mentioned. I suppose that could be worse
I've had the MY since March 6, and I've had to reset 3 times because the touchscreen was unresponsive. Is that normal? Is it just like your phone, and it's to be expected that we'll have to reset from time to time?

What was interesting is that even though the touchscreen didn't work, I was able to still control things through my phone like open up the trunk/frunk and change the climate controls.

It was just a little disconcerting because I didn't realize the touchscreen was unresponsive until after I was already on the move.
When I had the 3, I only had a black screen once in 9 months. With the Y, it has happened more than 7 times since September. I was about to call it in too because the last time almost made me miss my flight. I forgot how to reset so I was stepping on brakes and moving wheels. Then I remembered I left my iPad in the house which is on the same WiFi as my car, when I opened the app, the car turned on.
i was just about to open a ticket for it cos it’s mad annoying.

i

Same issue. 10 days. Freaked me out. Any answers?

The screen reset on me twice within 5 minutes from each other while driving today. It's happened to me at least 5 times since owing it 3/31/21. Sucks when it happens especially when driving because there are no physical controls.
So does the screen reset (by itself) not affect the actual driving? I had the screen go black and rebooted by itself once within my 10 days of ownership, but it was parked and likely some website I tried to open using the Tesla browser gave it hard time. Was wondering if the screen can affect the actual driving system.