Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you Super Charge?

How often do you Super Charge?

• Zero, or I rarely ever Super Charge.

Votes: 135 44.3%
  • 1 to 5 times per month

Votes: 119 39.0%
  • 6 to 10 times per month

Votes: 30 9.8%
  • 11 to 20 times per month

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 21 to 30 times per month

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting to see 80% of owners supercharge very infrequently.

Even so, it doesn’t seem to be an issue for those that do supercharge more often.

I have about 32,000 km’s / 20,000 miles on my AWD Non Performance. I supercharge about twice a week. A little less lately.

I am at 98% SOC at this point. I’m good with that. !

It’s interesting that 82% of owners Supercharge very little per month.

10% of owners Supercharge 6-10 times per month.

Based on line ups at Superchargers I’ve heard about in California alone, I figured the percentage for Supercharging monthly would have been much higher.

Based on line ups at Superchargers I’ve heard about in California alone, I figured the percentage for Supercharging monthly would have been much higher.
My theory is people on the forums are generally more aware that supercharging isn’t exactly healthy for your battery in the long run and the people on the forum represent a small fraction of the general Tesla population.

My theory is people on the forums are generally more aware that supercharging isn’t exactly healthy for your battery in the long run and the people on the forum represent a small fraction of the general Tesla population.

My theory is that most Americans only drive between 10-30 miles a day (depending if you use mean or median for the average) so it makes no sense for most to waste time at a supercharger vs just charging at home other than the rare long trip.

Now that summer is most over, I can say that I’ve supercharged very little on a monthly basis, compared to winter.

Seems I need to hit the Superchargers a lot more given the range reduction in the extreme cold.
I may find I supercharge less this winter, because I’m more comfortable going down to 10% more often than I think I was last winter.

if you take the midpoint of the ranges, those 8 in the high use group use as much as the 78 in the low usage group.

I’m surprised that there are people that supercharge 20+ times per month. Guess there are a lot of high mileage users. Thank goodness I’m not on the road that much.

The more people in the area with FUSC, the more crowding you'll see at SuperChargers. You find this kind of activity a lot with free L2 charging too. People will waste inordinate amounts of time to save a few bucks.

Reactions: M109Rider and SigNC
I really think Tesla should remove free supercharging from the X and S again . Keep it to something like 2000 miles a year since you want to promote the use of supercharging for trips only. I know some don't have access to charging and that's fine they can pay but I think most are using it cause it's free not that they really need to.

Reactions: gilscales and SigNC
I think another factor in your survey is this is in the model 3 section where most people pay for their supercharging. If you have free unlimited people will waste their time to save $3 so they are likely SCing more often than those that have to pay for it.

Edit: looks like justsomeguy beat me to it.

I do what is convenient for me and right now it’s home charging. I’d do super charging if my commute calls for it. I’m not too worried about battery degradation. I’m at 11k miles and realize the degradation comes more so from the software algorithm that changes with certain release.

Reactions: SigNC
Only Supercharge on road trips longer than 250 miles.

Update: Had a roadtrip to SJ/SF for Labor Day weekend and only Supercharger on the way there and back home. Only needed 1 stop at Kettleman City since my brother had a wall charger for the rest of the charging during my trip down there.

Screen Shot.png

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg

Now that I’ve had my model 3 AWD for just about a year and a half, I thought I would check my account history for supercharging.
I Supercharged 134 times in a year and a half.

That’s about 7.5 times a month.
This includes quite a few trips, where I might Supercharge 10 times in 2-4 days.

There are many months, I may Supercharge only once, so this is an average.

Wondering what some of you are now at given that some time has passed.
more or less ?

TeslaFi says it tracked 45,154k, and odo is at 47,889, thus about 5% of my total driving was not tracked.

It says I have done 295 SC sessions, and since about 5% of my driving was MIA from TeslaFi, with 2/3 of my charging done on SC (10,635 kWh on SC vs 4971kWh on AC), add in another 9 sessions, so I am at about 303 SC sessions.

Had the car for 17.5 months, so about 17 SC sessions a month, so a bit more than every other day.