Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you use frunk?

How often do you use your frunk?

• Never. What is frunk?

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Once a year (just to show people what it is?)

Votes: 42 33.1%
  • Once a month

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Once a week

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • Every 2-3 days

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Everyday or nearly every time

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only opened it to show people not familiar with Tesla that there is indeed NO engine in there! o_O

Don't use it otherwise, as I like the auto-open/auto-close feature on all other doors/trunk. Too lazy to use two hands to close the frunk.

Maybe if I took a really long trip and was pressed for space... :D

Reactions: VRM3
I use to use it quite often, but have been reading too many horror stories where the Model 3 frunk ends up in a condition where the latch is stuck and can only be fixed by bringing it to a Service Center (i.e. Even Tesla Mobile Repair cannot resolve). — So for now, only non-important things goes into the frunk. That, plus the 9V release trick for a very determined thief.

Reactions: gambit48
I use to use it quite often, but have been reading too many horror stories where the Model 3 frunk ends up in a condition where the latch is stuck and can only be fixed by bringing it to a Service Center (i.e. Even Tesla Mobile Repair cannot resolve). — So for now, only non-important things goes into the frunk. That, plus the 9V release trick for a very determined thief.

Mine has been replaced three times

Basically never. Screwing around with my phone to open it is tedious and closing it is annoying as well.

Once I get a fob I might use it more conceptually, but I just keep things like snow chains, inflator & tire jizz, and mobile charger in there for now.

I used to use Trunk all the time, until one day my car got breakin and they steal my stuff in trunk. Bandits know how to get your stuff in trunk within 20 seconds. But they don’t have time to read the manul and jump start your frunk.

And btw, use siri to open frunk with remote s app is a breeze.
F45B83C7-CC1E-4904-AE7C-C1D290247E52.jpeg

Almost never. I don’t trust my frunk, as my frunk latch has failed twice. The first time, the service center replaced the front trunk actuator. I’ve opened the frunk maybe 1 or 2 times since it was fixed, and now it’s broken again. Time to schedule a service appointment.

is there a easier way to open the frunk? besides on the screen or on the phone? kinda a pain to do it while holding a bunch of stuff, the trunk is easier as it has a handle right there, or am i missing something?

I use it to store the car seat base for my newborn. I have her in my car maybe once every week or so and with the LATCH system it's easy enough to take it out and reinstall it. It fits perfectly in the frunk and doesn't slide around like it would in the trunk. This frees up an extra seat in the back for passengers and makes it easier for her older sister to climb out when we park in my garage where there is no access on the passenger side.