Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often does Tesla miss their delivery window ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems std suspension people are not get their S as promised. Call Tesla today, rep say he doubt I will receive the car on promised window - about 15 days out.

Wondering if any of you have missed the window Tesla gave you ?

It seems std suspension people are not get their S as promised. Call Tesla today, rep say he doubt I will receive the car on promised window - about 15 days out.

are you configured with 85Kwh or 60Kwh. Some people have received an email that the original delivery window was incorrect. However, I have an 85Kwh std susp and havn't received that email yet. Delivery window March 14-28.

are you configured with 85Kwh or 60Kwh. Some people have received an email that the original delivery window was incorrect. However, I have an 85Kwh std susp and havn't received that email yet. Delivery window March 14-28.

I also have 85. My window is march 8-22. Rep said he doubt they will make it. I sure hope he is wrong. I also haven't got an email.

I thought the standard suspension people who had been given a window got an email saying that it was a mistake. See this thread:

Anybody else with standard suspension get this email?

I thought the standard suspension people who had been given a window got an email saying that it was a mistake. See this thread:

Anybody else with standard suspension get this email?

I didnt get an email. I am only 15 days away from my window. I am concerned, because

1. Charger install. From solar city
2. 2nd meter install. This concern SCE, my city for permit and solar city, see #1
3. Finance. Need to call Penfed soon. Should I ?
4. $2500 Cali rebate. Cali is running out of the money soon.

My delivery window was 2/10 to 2/24. I contacted my DS a few times about not getting the VIN or paperwork (and delivery therefore not likely). After several, "I'm looking into it," she told me yesterday that my window was a mistake and my car is scheduled for manufacture the week of 3/4. With time to deliver to me in the Chicago area, this makes my new window roughly one month later. This is on #5339, 60kwh, supercharged (early adopter), air, pano, sound, shelf, tech, blue, tan, ob matte - reserved in 9/2011, finalized 8/2012, and re-finalized my by adding air susp in 11/2012.

I don't want to be the debbie downer here but I think people that are waiting for standard suspension (correct me if I'm wrong), have a long ways out. Regarding whats being produced and whats not - one take from Elon's comments was that less than 10% of reservations were for 40kWh, and that hope to start delivering those LATE SUMMER. We know that the Red color should start making it into production in the next month or two.

BUT for standard suspension, the only thing I've heard about that is that it has not even been designed yet. This was from comments from other people talking to their DS's within the last few weeks. I believe that DS also mentions that the original design for the car never had a standard suspension. Standard suspension was only added afterwards when they were trying to get the car price under $50k. Elon also mentioned on the earnings that the 'air suspension was worth it'. I think that was meant for saying 'hey people, the one's that ordered standard suspension, I highly recommend you upgrade to air suspension if you want your car soon'.

IMHO I don't know why you would want standard suspension on this. You're paying an arm and a leg for the car anyway. Standard suspension isn't much more. Air suspension offers superior turnability, handling, performance, ability to raise and lower height (good for steep driveways, good for lowering on highway to decrease drag and increase range, etc), as well as very good for handling load. The Model S is very heavy. A standard suspension IMHO won't feel as smooth, you'll feel it more around turns, and the biggest concern I would have is it wearing out very fast due to the weight of the car. If the standard suspension wears out or there are problems caused by weight, I'd be worried about the battery packs bottoming out on bumps and driveways and causing damage. Perhaps they know about this and don't know the best way to design a reliable solution yet (speculation)?? I think you should upgrade to the air - DEFINITELY worth it for MANY reasons.

I don't want to be the debbie downer here but I think people that are waiting for standard suspension (correct me if I'm wrong), have a long ways out. Regarding whats being produced and whats not - one take from Elon's comments was that less than 10% of reservations were for 40kWh, and that hope to start delivering those LATE SUMMER. We know that the Red color should start making it into production in the next month or two.

BUT for standard suspension, the only thing I've heard about that is that it has not even been designed yet. This was from comments from other people talking to their DS's within the last few weeks. I believe that DS also mentions that the original design for the car never had a standard suspension. Standard suspension was only added afterwards when they were trying to get the car price under $50k. Elon also mentioned on the earnings that the 'air suspension was worth it'. I think that was meant for saying 'hey people, the one's that ordered standard suspension, I highly recommend you upgrade to air suspension if you want your car soon'.

IMHO I don't know why you would want standard suspension on this. You're paying an arm and a leg for the car anyway. Standard suspension isn't much more. Air suspension offers superior turnability, handling, performance, ability to raise and lower height (good for steep driveways, good for lowering on highway to decrease drag and increase range, etc), as well as very good for handling load. The Model S is very heavy. A standard suspension IMHO won't feel as smooth, you'll feel it more around turns, and the biggest concern I would have is it wearing out very fast due to the weight of the car. If the standard suspension wears out or there are problems caused by weight, I'd be worried about the battery packs bottoming out on bumps and driveways and causing damage. Perhaps they know about this and don't know the best way to design a reliable solution yet (speculation)?? I think you should upgrade to the air - DEFINITELY worth it for MANY reasons.

wow, I picked STD suspension out of choice not financial reason. I would of taken it even if air suspension is a zero dollar option. in the past 50 years, is there ever a time a collector or a used car buyer ever wished an used car with air suspension ? They cost $$$ to fix, difficult to upgrade. you are stuck with what factory gave you. no modification. anything breaks, you are better off junking the car. you better hope Tesla would build a standard suspension so once the warranty run out, you can retrofit your air suspension S if anything goes wrong.

how is it std suspension won't feel as smooth ? how is it better around the turn ? does Ferrari or Porsche build their sports car with air suspension ? I can name 100 great handling std suspension cars, can you name even just a few air suspension cars that are benchmark for handling ?
if you decide for whatever reason (we are all different), your air suspension rides too harsh or too soft, what you gonna do ? us std suspension just a shock or springs away.
your comment of std suspension wear out is just exactly the opposite. std suspension uses a steel spring. it is air suspension that will wear out and "causing damage to the batter packs bottoming out"

I chose not to DOWNGRADE to air suspension.

I think you got your facts all wrong.

They cost $$$ to fix

maintenance contract covers air suspension so it's a non-issue.

how is it std suspension won't feel as smooth ? how is it better around the turn ?

and I quote "
The purpose of air suspension is to provide a smooth, constant ride quality" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_suspension

does Ferrari or Porsche build their sports car with air suspension ?

why yes, in fact they do. http://www.porsche.com/microsite/te...gory=&Model=&SearchedString=&SelectedVariant=

if you decide for whatever reason (we are all different), your air suspension rides too harsh or too soft, what you gonna do ? us std suspension just a shock or springs away.

easy, change the parameters via the touchscreen. instantaneous adjustment. on standard suspension you'd have to replace the whole thing.

also, besides it auto-lowering to improve aerodynamics and range efficiency, it's also self-leveling. so if you load a lot of weight in the trunk the vehicle will remain level.

I think you got your facts all wrong.

[/COLOR]maintenance contract covers air suspension so it's a non-issue.

and I quote "[/COLOR]The purpose of air suspension is to provide a smooth, constant ride quality" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_suspension

why yes, in fact they do. http://www.porsche.com/microsite/te...gory=&Model=&SearchedString=&SelectedVariant=

[/COLOR]

easy, change the parameters via the touchscreen. instantaneous adjustment. on standard suspension you'd have to replace the whole thing.

[/COLOR]also, besides it auto-lowering to improve aerodynamics and range efficiency, it's also self-leveling. so if you load a lot of weight in the trunk the vehicle will remain level.
Maintenance only covers it during the warranty period. After that is anyones guess.

BellWilliam is right. Air suspension might have a great ride quality, but there is also a track of unreliability for almost all older cars that came with it. If one is planning to keep this car 10+ years, you better plan on costly repairs.