TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How often does the average driver have oversized passengers (6ft+) in the back?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by JoRey, Apr 3, 2016.

Tags:
?

How often do you carry "tall" passengers in the back seat of a sedan?

1. Almost Never (I am a lonely sole on the road)

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Occasionally (I have friends)

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. All the time (I have kids)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Style over function (I have a life)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JoRey

JoRey Current Volt Owner, Aspiring Model III Owner

Based on the careful and watchful eyes of the Tesla community. We have discovered that the design of the Model III does not allow for a hatchback (liftback) like the Model S. More recently we have discovered thanks to Mr. Elon Musk that this was on purpose to allow for a full panorama glass panel and increased rear headroom. The question is as follows. How many people would prefer a moderate redesign that would sacrifice some rear passenger head room for a three glass pane setup with a liftback. How many need the extra headroom?

[​IMG]

2. JoRey

JoRey Current Volt Owner, Aspiring Model III Owner

As a point of reference this is the Model III's "trunk"