Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often does the navigation/maps software get updated?

WilliamG

Apr 20, 2019
Seattle, WA
I think I’ve only had one maps update since I got the car in May, 2019. Week 20 is the latest as of this post.

How often do Teslas tend to get maps update? Be nice to get another one before the end of the year...

Reactions: beachmiles

DopeGhoti

Aug 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
I can't speak to tendencies per se, but I get updates rather frequently:
upload_2019-11-12_0-36-56.png

• Informative
Reactions: ragweedd

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
From what I’ve read a few times a year possibly. If you know of a section of road that’s wrong, you can correct it in Google Maps.

eli_

May 14, 2018
Bellevue, WA
It's hard to answer because Tesla has this frakenstein mix of mapping sources used in the vehicle and they update at different times. There's Google Map tiles (visual only), there's OpenStreetMaps (probably offline nav routing), there's some TomTom map data in there, a land use database, and there's Teslas own "ADAS map tiles" that have crowdsourced speed data and other things that affect Autopilot. And that's North America, in other regions it's going to be totally different. Obviously China has to use its own maps because only state-managed maps are legal there and GPS coordinates are obfuscated.

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC