Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often does your M3P get rebooted? Disillusioned after 25 days.

skriefal

Mar 29, 2021
Utah, USA
I have not deliberately rebooted my 2019 M3 SR+ in 5 months of ownership. And can recall zero spontaneous reboots. The only reboots during my ownership would be after a software update.

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
SF Bay Area, CA
I had to reboot mine maybe once every other month or so, which seemed like a lot to me. Mine had a 9/2018 build date and I thought maybe that was an early build thing. I haven’t had to do it at all with my Model Y thus far.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
This could be phantom presses, happened to both my 3 and Y. But easily resolved in my case using a paper towel and cleaning the display.

Don't use cleaners or shop towels (i.e. the "blue paper towels"), but plain white paper towels.
Yes, phantom presses can be an issue. This can happy with a dirty screen or even from after wiping the screen. Usually rebooting clears that though. I had wiped down the screen and put back the factory screen protector and the screen went crazy. A reboot fixed that.

jkeyser14

Jul 30, 2012
Baltimore Area
Picked up my 2021 a week ago. I'm on my third reboot due to problems while driving and had a screen crash already too. My 2018 Model 3 went the past 3 years with only ~6 reboots and 3 screen crashes.

dduffey

Aug 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Yes, phantom presses can be an issue. This can happy with a dirty screen or even from after wiping the screen. Usually rebooting clears that though. I had wiped down the screen and put back the factory screen protector and the screen went crazy. A reboot fixed that.

I don't think there is a factory screen protector ... That's just a plastic sheet for manufacturing / shipping, not meant for use (visual or touch).

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
I don't think there is a factory screen protector ... That's just a plastic sheet for manufacturing / shipping, not meant for use (visual or touch).
Yes, I'm referring to that factory sheet. Just haven't got around to installing an actual screen protector, so I just have that on there for now.

Reactions: dduffey

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC