Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often does your screen freeze/reboot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Happened to me twice last week. Screen/system would freeze then reboot. Not sure what I was doing at the time but it wasn’t anything out of the norm. Is this a common occurrence? I never had this issue until recently. Wonder if it was a firmware update or somthing.

Too often (once every time I take a long, 500ish mike drive). Often resulted in dead flash drive too (I have 3 dead since dashcam was released). I’m sure they’ll get reboots under control (it’s been better last trip), just a bit annoying (albeit safe) right now

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
Too often (once every time I take a long, 500ish mike drive). Often resulted in dead flash drive too (I have 3 dead since dashcam was released). I’m sure they’ll get reboots under control (it’s been better last trip), just a bit annoying (albeit safe) right now
Hmmm...do you think it’s an issue related to using dashcam or sentry mode? I don’t recall any reboots prior to me using sentry mode/dashcam.

Close to never, until I play with the browser. Then it is reproducible. E.g., the browser has a personal grudge against notion. And it does not like gmail very much either, since it forces me to use the classic version but will not respond to zoom gestures.

Honestly, although a browser in the car is a very nice idea, it has a long way to go. I plan to try it again in a few months.

Close to never, until I play with the browser. Then it is reproducible. E.g., the browser has a personal grudge against notion. And it does not like gmail very much either, since it forces me to use the classic version but will not respond to zoom gestures.

Honestly, although a browser in the car is a very nice idea, it has a long way to go. I plan to try it again in a few months.
Are you using the new updated browser (Chromium)? It's supposed to be much improved.

Lately after 12 hours of sleep, when I run the Tesla app to wake it up when I get into the car my screen is frozen. It has happened 2 out of 3 times. I have mobile service coming next week. Hoping we can pull the logs to see what’s going on. I haven’t changed my signature yet. I’m on 16.2