TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How often/how much to change HEPA Filter?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pchan, May 14, 2016.

1. pchan

pchan Member

I am sure it depends on how polluted the city is and how frequent one uses the bioweapon defense mode ... just curious if someone has asked service center about that before.

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

The Owner's manual doesn't say much about scheduled maintenance - there's a section, but the HEPA wasn't mentioned. Tesla's service plans for S and X include cabin filter replacement in all the annual periods, so I'm suspecting that'll be the case for the HEPA and activated carbon too - but those site haven't been updated for the new filters AFAICT.

3. alseTrick

alseTrick Member

What type of impact does it have on battery consumption?

4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

The OP was about the HEPA filter, which has no measurable effect on battery consumption.

I'm suspecting you intended to ask how much impact sustained use of bioweapon defense mode has on battery consumption. I have yet to see any test data, but I can't imagine that running the fan full out will have much effect, either - even a couple hundred watts of fan will be lost in the noise compared to moving a 5000 pound car.