Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how often is mobile service ridiculously late?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

crackers8199

May 31, 2015
SoCal
i had an appointment for mobile service to do my tire rotation this morning at 10:30...it's noon and they're still not here. i gave them an hour before calling to see what was up...no answer (and no response to voicemail yet). not sure if i'm supposed to just sit here all day waiting or what...

Dumb question, but how do you schedule a mobile ranger service and what kind of services do they typically perform? From my Tesla account, all I see are the service centers nearby.
Thanks!

You call in and they will check if mobile service is available. I had Mobile Service came out twice and both time they were about 1 to 2 hours late, but I get TXT telling me that they are running late. This is from Buena Park Mobile Service and they are about 55 miles from me.

• Informative
Reactions: trunks13
8:30-12:30 window for cabin filter change (tired of car smelling like feet). Tech calls at 12:45 to say he’s running late. Shows up around 1. Nice young guy-hard to be mad at. Checked my charge port and found broken connector (grateful because I didn’t ask for this). Apparently Denver area has about 8 mobile service trucks plus a couple of specialty trucks. He replaced filters and let it run to make sure no smell. What looked to be a missed appointment ended up being a pleasant experience, minus the four hours I spent waiting for the guy.

Reactions: GWord
8:30-12:30 window for cabin filter change (tired of car smelling like feet). Tech calls at 12:45 to say he’s running late. Shows up around 1. Nice young guy-hard to be mad at. Checked my charge port and found broken connector (grateful because I didn’t ask for this). Apparently Denver area has about 8 mobile service trucks plus a couple of specialty trucks. He replaced filters and let it run to make sure no smell. What looked to be a missed appointment ended up being a pleasant experience, minus the four hours I spent waiting for the guy.

typical. They were 4 hours late to my last appointment.

Had mobile service out to install HW3 at the end of April. Ranger arrived at the end of the scheduled period (10:30a, to 12:30p). Got a phone call a few minutes before he showed up. Took him about 90 minutes to do the work. So far that's been my only experience with mobile service.

Scheduled between 8:30 and 12:30. Confirmed. Now 2:30 absolutely no contact from Tesla and no way to contact them. Really very disappointing. Shows lack of respect for customer time. Bet of the fuel truck showed up late for a Falcon9 launch Elon would be pissed.

Dumb question, but how do you schedule a mobile ranger service and what kind of services do they typically perform? From my Tesla account, all I see are the service centers nearby.

Thanks!

If you are using the app, it is all about the address you input. When I use my home address mobile service is unavailable, but at work it is an option. I have all of my service done using my work address so it's mobile.

i had an appointment for mobile service to do my tire rotation this morning at 10:30...it's noon and they're still not here. i gave them an hour before calling to see what was up...no answer (and no response to voicemail yet). not sure if i'm supposed to just sit here all day waiting or what...
I've only needed mobile service once, and yes the guy was late, but he called multiple times to tell me when he would finally be there and he did finally come when he said he would. The delays were because of really bad weather, so I don't blame him at all.