Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often should you charge to 100% , if you do not go on a road trip ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have owned my 3 for almost a year , and have NEVER charged it to 100% , I have it set to 80% and just leave it there.

Is it advisable to once in a while, charge the car to 100% (or even 95% etc.) , if you don't need the range ?

Do you need to do this once in a while to "Re-balance batteries" , "Exercise" the cells , "memory" or some other positive reason....

If so , how often should I be doing that ? Once a year , once a season, every 2 years or ?

I have owned my 3 for almost a year , and have NEVER charged it to 100% , I have it set to 80% and just leave it there.

Is it advisable to once in a while, charge the car to 100% (or even 95% etc.) , if you don't need the range ?

Do you need to do this once in a while to "Re-balance batteries" , "Exercise" the cells , "memory" or some other positive reason....
No. Nothing beneficial in doing this. For their health and longevity, the batteries prefer to stay toward a middle-ish state of charge.

The battery estimator will sometimes drift, and people will see the number of rated miles starting to drop by a few, but that is just software estimations. People doing these exercises of running the battery high and low is just to make themselves feel better.

If so , how often should I be doing that ? Once a year , once a season, every 2 years or ?

As noted by Service Center, 90% should be your routine.

Service appointment for 12 month old Model 3 for range loss /invoice for out of warranty inspection?

If you need to charge to 100% because for the road trip then do it but you should not do it for no reason.

...Do you need to do this once in a while to "Re-balance batteries" , "Exercise" the cells , "memory" or some other positive reason....

No. Those are bad reasons. If you don't need the range to arrive at the next Supercharger, those above reasons are all bad and not positive at all.