Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How old are you when you place Model 3 reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the record number for the model 3 reservation holder, there are a large influx of new Tesla future owner/customers. I wish there is a poll option on here. Along with the thread of other cars you have owned, it seem to be there are still a larger base of reservation holder that have much longer life experience compare to that I expected.

Trying to see if how many are been following Tesla for a long time and jumping on the Model 3 new market segment compare to the interest of Generation X,Y, millennials.

I'm 36 years old now but won't be by the time I get my hand on the Model 3.

Here is the link that we use on the official Tesla forum. Hoping cross posting on this will provide a more valid and useful trend of the bigger group of those who put down the money for reservation.

Please use this poll link
http://vote.pollcode.com/24368437

How old were you when you reserved your Tesla Model 3?
25 and younger

26-35

36-45

46-55

56-65

66-75

76 and older

Isn't that what auto pilot is for?

ahahah...I don't think 80+ owners will opt for ludicrous option. Don't worry.

Totally agree. I look forward to full automation when it comes, then they can't take my license away when I get old. :)

The most encouraging thing about 80+ reservers is that they are optimistic enough to think they will be alive and well when their Model 3 comes of the assembly line!!!

• Funny
Reactions: JeffK
the whole "how old are you when you place model 3 reservation" subject just doesn't sound right. It make the whole thing sound like Model 3 will take years to release / deliver.

If the intent was to ask what age group do you belong to when you reserve a model 3 or something like that would've sound better heehhe

Isn't that what auto pilot is for?

ahahah...I don't think 80+ owners will opt for ludicrous option. Don't worry.

I was behind a car merging onto a motorway. On the slip-road it was doing 35 even as it straightened out and the roads converged. It then slowly sped up to about 45 as it pulled into traffic doing 60+ . I was behind it and having to merge in at its pace with lorries coming up behind - and they don't like to slow down. I saw a gap to get to the middle lane and pulled past and saw somebody who must have been 80+ behind the wheel. I felt bad for giving a toot of annoyance - probably not helping their confidence! Sometimes slow people are more dangerous than fast drivers! I'm in the 35-45 range and drive a medium sized hatchback - so not exactly boy-racer!