Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How patient are you when it comes to the next reveal?

At the end of March...

• I will be upset if there has been no reveal, even if a date has been announced for one later.

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • I will be upset if there has been no reveal and no date has been announced for one.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • I won't be upset even if there has been no mention of the next reveal.

Votes: 51 38.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be surprised if they didn't announce anything by March 31st (1 year anniversary of reveal 1), but I won't be upset.

As much as I want my Model 3 ASAP, the logical part of me is hoping for a slow ramp up so I can save more money and pay off more existing debt before taking on another car loan.

• Helpful
Reactions: Booga and e46jb
For me it has been a long time without a major press release that is related to the Model 3. I haven't seen updated images or anything for close to a year (Yes I know there are a couple new floating images of the new steering wheel etc...)

With that said the longer they go without updated images and press info the more likely people will get impatient and buy a different car. I think for me personally I can wait a bit longer but there are a lot of reservation holders that don't spend time daily on Tesla forums and I could see the excitement dwindling. I have a coworker that just decided to sign a 3 year lease on a new EV because the excitement has become blah to him. They need something big now rather than later. Get the blood pumping again so people can make it another 3 to 6 months before orders begin to be taken.

I would have to agree with you here, I think if we don't see anything by April some reservations will be lost as a result. As you said the general public doesn't troll the forums daily looking for info and hasn't seen any new info for quite some time, those people may slowly dwindle. While my reservation isn't going anywhere the general public may also waver in not knowing what option pricing will look like. That's a big question mark for buyers and can make the difference between affordable and not for some, especially if your someone who requires or desires certain options. For instance someone might need or desire a D model based on winters where they live but we don't even know what the price for that will be.

I'm fine waiting until April or so to see the next reveal.

That said, if March/April come and go and not only has there not been a reveal, but we still don't even know when the reveal will be, there will be some serious concerns on my part. I might not be "upset", but I definitely won't be OK with it.

So I chose option 2.

Anyone that chose option 3 is lying. Nobody would be content at that point not knowing when the reveal will actually happen.

• Disagree
Reactions: EinSV
While I wouldn't be upset if Tesla's March 31st reveal announces "It's here! Right now!" but I don't really think that's gonna happen. With Tesla's history of rather overly-optimistic release dates of other products, and their history of going through about six months of teething problems, I am not really holding my breath for December 31st, 2017 for the announcement, reveal, trade show reviews, and token deliveries.

If it actually happens in 2017, I'll be happily surprised. If not, it isn't like my reservation becomes null and void and I have to get back in line again.

Still, that doesn't stop me from raking the Internet sniffing out any scrap of information on the Model 3.

-- Ardie
Patience is a virtue. With all my experience, you'd think I'd be better at it by now.

I chose option 3.

Tesla might decide to hold a reveal in March/April, but it would not surprise me a bit if Tesla held off on scheduling the next reveal (or Delivery Event) until the summer. One reason to do it that way would be to avoid the risk that too much attention on Model 3 too soon might impact S and X sales, which it needs to keep flowing to fund Model 3 production. I personally would not interpret a decision by Tesla not to schedule the next reveal until after the March/April time frame as meaning much if anything about whether Tesla is on schedule with the Model 3. My two cents.

Reactions: ricardocabesa
I'm fine waiting until April or so to see the next reveal.

That said, if March/April come and go and not only has there not been a reveal, but we still don't even know when the reveal will be, there will be some serious concerns on my part. I might not be "upset", but I definitely won't be OK with it.

So I chose option 2.

Anyone that chose option 3 is lying. Nobody would be content at that point not knowing when the reveal will actually happen.

Speak for yourself. I'm perfectly content waiting for it. Mine is possibly 2 years off since I made a reservation just a month ago. They say patience is a virtue. And learn not to speak for others. So according to you,40% of those taking the pole are lying. You sound like King Cheeto accusing the media of lying with nothing to back it up. I laugh because you're this upset about the reveal-how will you feel waiting for your turn to configure and THEN waiting again for delivery.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. I'm perfectly content waiting for it. Mine is possibly 2 years off since I made a reservation just a month ago. They say patience is a virtue. And learn not to speak for others. So according to you,40% of those taking the pole are lying. You sound like King Cheeto accusing the media of lying with nothing to back it up. I laugh because you're this upset about the reveal-how will you feel waiting for your turn to configure and THEN waiting again for delivery.

My suggestion to you would be to know what you're actually talking about. You say yours is 2 years off. Presumably your talking about delivery time.

Everyone is 100% lying if you're saying that come April 9th, 2017, you won't be upset if Model 3 reveal still hadn't been given a tree release date.

I'm excited about my personalized plate arriving this month!

How can you have the plate but not the car? Don't you have to have the car before you can register it?

Over here you have to first get the car/VIN, insure it, register it, get the plates made. After all, if it's not officially registered, you won't know for sure what plate you will get in the end (even if it's a vanity plate of some kind). Of course one can order a personalized plate from some plate manufacturer, but over here you couldn't put that on any vehicle and drive around in it.

How can you have the plate but not the car? Don't you have to have the car before you can register it?

Over here you have to first get the car/VIN, insure it, register it, get the plates made. After all, if it's not officially registered, you won't know for sure what plate you will get in the end (even if it's a vanity plate of some kind). Of course one can order a personalized plate from some plate manufacturer, but over here you couldn't put that on any vehicle and drive around in it.

Here in the US, you can order a plate for a vehicle you already have, and then transfer that plate to your new vehicle later.

I'm sure there are plenty of ICE's driving around with Model 3 plates right now. ;)

The reasoning is to get the plate you want before someone else gets it.

We bought a Volt three years ago, and that got us hooked on electric driving, so we signed up for the M3. I got impatient waiting for the M3, and the emails from Tesla saying we could have a MS "now". My wife said, "Let's test drive a MS". I replied, "Is this like going to look at puppies?" She laughed and when we returned from the test drive we bought our MS60, "Joulia". So now because we are Tesla owners we should be moved up in the list of when we get our 3 so we can sell the Volt.

As I understand it this is the order for deliveries of the M3:
(Please correct me if I am wrong.)​
  1. Employees of Tesla and SpaceX
  2. Tesla owners in the West
  3. Tesla owners in the East
  4. Western residents
  5. Eastern residents
Within these categories the date of deposit determines the order.

So, if you are impatient, buy a MS, it has been really great. :D

As I understand it this is the order for deliveries of the M3:
(Please correct me if I am wrong.)​
  1. Employees of Tesla and SpaceX
  2. Tesla owners in the West
  3. Tesla owners in the East
  4. Western residents
  5. Eastern residents
Within these categories the date of deposit determines the order.
No one knows for sure but, according to the myTesla page, we'll be invited to configure based on the registration date, it's after that that the other factors kick in. So employees will be first since they were able to reserve before everyone else. After that I think West to East in batches with prior owners getting priority. I don't thnk, for example, a prior owner in CA that reserves today won't get theirs before a non-owner that reserved in April.

But no one really knows ... hopefully we'll find out in March.

When my plate arrives in a few weeks,it is going on my 5 month-old Nissan until my 3 arrives in ~ 2 years. THE FUTR in case you see me on the road!