Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How perfect should tint installation look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got tint installed and it works great and looks good except for the multitude of spots that have a piece of dirt stuck between them and/or scratches or something. I'd say there are around 8-10 areas in all, with two little ones being right in front of my vision on the windshield.

How much of this should be considered "normal" for aftermarket tint?

Got tint installed and it works great and looks good except for the multitude of spots that have a piece of dirt stuck between them and/or scratches or something. I'd say there are around 8-10 areas in all, with two little ones being right in front of my vision on the windshield.

If you got it done by a professional window tinter there shouldn't be anything visible under the film. I have my windshield and all side windows tinted and there's zero imperfections. Same on my old car. I'd take it back.

It does take a few days for small air pockets to work out, sometimes. If you just got it done, maybe give it 72 hours or something and see if its still there?