Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Powerful is regenerative (recharge-wise) braking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mother drives a 2018 model X (i believe it's pre-raven) shows that regen brake power tops at about 60kW, whether it is deceleration power or transient recharge power is unclear.
Cant even read this on my 3 without a Scanner.
In fact, there is a rumor (or even belief) trending in my community for years: to avoid DC charging or full power AC charging ( 7kw and above ) in order to minimize battery degradation. I am looking for solid source(data/case study) to cleanse such mist.

My mother drives a 2018 model X (i believe it's pre-raven) shows that regen brake power tops at about 60kW, whether it is deceleration power or transient recharge power is unclear.
Cant even read this on my 3 without a Scanner.
In fact, there is a rumor (or even belief) trending in my community for years: to avoid DC charging or full power AC charging ( 7kw and above ) in order to minimize battery degradation. I am looking for solid source(data/case study) to cleanse such mist.
"dispelled such myth"

Anyway I think the recharge is higher than 60kW, I can't give you the exact number or video but I have watched all of TeslaBjorn's videos and in some of his numerous Model3 videos, his scanner shows a higher regen level than 60kW.

He's on Youtube, don't know if you can access Youtube in China.

On my model3, the max regen value that is shown in ScanMyTesla is 85kW, when everything is properly warm. I haven't been able to look at my cell phone while driving to see if I can reach that value in actual regen. Clearly you need to go relatively fast to use high regen, like highway speed.

"dispelled such myth"

Anyway I think the recharge is higher than 60kW, I can't give you the exact number or video but I have watched all of TeslaBjorn's videos and in some of his numerous Model3 videos, his scanner shows a higher regen level than 60kW.

He's on Youtube, don't know if you can access Youtube in China.
Good Find! We use shadow socks or ExpressVPN to bypass the censorship.