TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How quickly should updates arrive?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by znib, Sep 27, 2015.

1. znib

znib Member

Hi,

I got my P85D on September 1st and it is on 2.5.46 since. According to the firmware changelog three newer versions were released since 2.5.46, but I didn't get any of them yet. Is this normal? My car is connected to my wifi every night, but the signal strength is only about 1-2 bars. TuneIn and maps work fine when connected to the wifi.

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Tesla's update rollout schema is a mystery to all. I seem to get mine, over WiFi, a week or two after I hear about them. WiFi gets priority over cell connections. There is no way for us to "pull" them down any faster than their schedule. I expect that it a bandwidth issue and as the numbers of cars sold grows, the lead times could worse, I would think. The last few updates were minor tweaks, so you are not missing anything big. They always update you when the car is in the shop.

Also, seeing that you are in Switzerland, the last couple of updates may not apply to you. Though I really don't know.

Hope this helps.

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I'm still on .36 and don't expect to receive anything until 7.0. So yes, perfectly normal.

4. cytranic

cytranic Member

How often do you use TACC? I found that my increased usage of TACC started giving me more updates. Which makes sense. If you dont use TACC all that often, whats the point of updating if all the revisions are TACC updates. They want to update the people who really use it faster than that person who used it once.

5. znib

znib Member

I use TACC every day on my commute (88km)