Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How safe is the deposit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I read some of the comments in these forums I feel like I don't "belong" in a Tesla. 1k is a lot of money for me, and frankly I have been saving for down payment since I reserved last year. I really hope current Tesla owners who can afford to spend 60k+ on a vehicle won't treat me as a 2nd class citizen when they encounter me at a supercharger.

I don't think that will be a big concern. There are a lot of nice Tesla drivers out there. $1,000 is a lot of money for me too, but Tesla is in a much less risky position than they were for previous models, so I felt confident in plunking down the funds on the first day. We're at the tail end of the early adopter stage, not at the beginning.

When I read some of the comments in these forums I feel like I don't "belong" in a Tesla. 1k is a lot of money for me, and frankly I have been saving for down payment since I reserved last year. I really hope current Tesla owners who can afford to spend 60k+ on a vehicle won't treat me as a 2nd class citizen when they encounter me at a supercharger.
It sucks that you're getting that feeling. I hope it doesn't turn you off of TMC.

Glad to have you aboard regardless of your income or car ownership/reservations. :)