Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How satisfied are you with the non-AP (Classic) V7.0

How satisfied are you with the Non-AP (Classic) v7.0

• Very Unsatisfied

Votes: 32 13.0%
  • Unsatisfied

Votes: 35 14.2%
  • Neutral

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 95 38.6%
  • Very Satisfied

Votes: 48 19.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually like the new format. Something I started a thread quite a while back was to add an icon to the screen to lock and unlock the doors directly from the screen, and not having to go into another menu. Now it is there. Also, the screen and new arrangement seem to be very straight forward. Kudo to Tesla.

My biggest dislike is how they basically swapped the battery info and odometer, making the odometer big and prominently displayed in the center while shrinking the battery info and sticking it as far down in the left corner as they possibly could. I think the battery info is a wee bit more important than the odometer.

I have an AP car and I totally agree. The headlight wash is distracting and annoying. I'm sure they will fine tune. It is the first V. I do miss the center power meter and am jealous that you guys get to keep it. The new meter is way to small to glance quickly at. There is simply too much going on in the AP cars. It is cool, but maybe a bit too cool?

I hit the wrong button! I meant to say very satisfied. Only negative is the the headlights on icon on the car in the center of the driving display - they need to tune the brightness down....

1. The numbers around the speedometer are so faint they are hard to read.
2. At night the useless car picture is so bright it messes with your vision.
3. There are three useless icons taking up space instead of trip a and trip b.
4. No 3D makes it look like a Speak and Spell

I tried not to hate it... but I do.

The dash seems so retarded now. The speedo is just hanging out on a black background with 2 other random things around it. With nav on its OK.

The new trips sux. I want my old trip A/B option back

the new energy graph sucks. I like seeing the mile/ w grid.

I'll take my 6.2 UI back

I'm not happy with the new UI, the energy monitor lost everything except for the graph and the avg number, no way to show Trip A/B on the display and it looks more and more like a phone UI, I liked the battery indicator way more than the damn car graphic siting in the center of my speedometer.

I think all good UI designers have been "fired" to Apple and other companies...

Why do I need a Clock on the small display?

The day they allow users to customize the display, that's the day they'll win me back.

Change is always difficult at first. Before the upgrade, I already liked the new layout. I'm very satisfied with it except for the small speedometer that pops up when i step on the accelerator. when i see it, i keep on thinking i have a timer on or something...lol.

with a regular car, i'm stuck with the dash until the car dies or sold. at least with our MS, we get a fresh upgrade once in a while. :rolleyes:

It works. It's a step towards a cleaner, more modern interface (good) but it feels not quite done yet. There's still shadows and shading implying depth in many places (Controls and Settings pages), while some places (app selector and climate control) are starkly flat with no shading/shadows. I don't have a strong preference either way but it does need to be consistent.

And I miss the day/date display already. It's such a simple thing, but I actually did get a lot of value knowing that I could always check the day of the week with just a glance. Now the calendar day is shown on the calendar icon, but the day of the week is just gone altogether. :(

I'm okay with the change. Wish they had made the brake lights bigger on the car in the center. I have an idea why they took the battery icon and made it so small...to reduce range anxiety. No ice car has the gas gauge taking up a third of the screen, so why should the battery take up a third of the screen?

I like the quick lock feature, and miss the hvac fan speed indicator

I want the battery and rated range back on center, the odometer reading is not important enough to be center stage. Temp, date, and time was very nice to have on the dash and I referred to it frequently, now I have to hunt for it on the 17inch. I'm not thrilled with the flat look (kind of boring), I prefer the 3D look for buttons. I'm really bummed that the TPMS is not giving us individual tire readings.

I like the car on the dash because it confirms when the brake lights come on during regen, which had been a concern of mine. A major plus is the web is finally working at a reasonable speed. Before it would take several minutes to load a screen or to scroll.

Last edited:
I'm okay with the change. Wish they had made the brake lights bigger on the car in the center. I have an idea why they took the battery icon and made it so small...to reduce range anxiety. No ice car has the gas gauge taking up a third of the screen, so why should the battery take up a third of the screen?

I like the quick lock feature, and miss the hvac fan speed indicator

I think this has something to do with it, and it also involves making the placement consistent with the AP cars.

While I understand the idea that Tesla may want to downplay the importance of worrying about range, the new battery meter actually is much smaller and less useful than the gas gauge on any ICE car I've ever had. Even the R56 Mini, with its weird circle of lights, was bigger and more useful.