Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How solid is your car's plug + charge port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I plug in if the cord is plugged in solid and just hanging from gravity everything is fine. But if I pull on the cord twords the back/trunk it will interrupt the charging. Is this normal?
It is not a problem for me at home because there is no reason for me to pull on the cord, but at some public charges the cord is on a retractable cable and it causes the cord to be pulled towards the back of the car and charging will be interrupted at times because of it.
Is this normal? Are these charge ports sensitive?
Car is 4 months old, done this from day 1.

When I plug in if the cord is plugged in solid and just hanging from gravity everything is fine. But if I pull on the cord twords the back/trunk it will interrupt the charging. Is this normal?
It is not a problem for me at home because there is no reason for me to pull on the cord, but at some public charges the cord is on a retractable cable and it causes the cord to be pulled towards the back of the car and charging will be interrupted at times because of it.
Is this normal? Are these charge ports sensitive?
Car is 4 months old, done this from day 1.
It shouldn’t be that sensitive. How hard are you pulling? It should be locked in place securely so unless you push the button, shouldn’t interrupt charge.