Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How soon does Tesla make contact after VIN assigned ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping for some insight. I read that people are receiving telephone calls from a Las Vegas number regarding scheduling delivery but wondering how soon to get a phone call after a VIN is assigned.

Thanks

I think it varies greatly from looking at the posts in the VIN assigned thread. It took 5 days for me from VIN to Las Vegas call. But I’ve seen where someone configured and received VIN instantly then received the call from Vegas the same day. Then I’ve seen where some wait weeks before getting the call. It may be based on when they have car matching your configuration available.

Some seem to think that they actually match up people to cars that are already in transit to their area. This may make sense because when I was called, the ISA told me that my car would be at the service center in four days. I would think that would be difficult if the car was still in production or sitting in Fremont, CA.

Reactions: rcsting
I am in MN too. I got a call within 12 hrs and delivery available within a week. Won't get it till next sat as I'm out of town next week.

And one more datapoint from MN - Assigned VIN Jan 29. Called Tesla Feb 5 since there was no contact, was given the name of the DS, got the (in)famous "will call you back". Called again 2/9, was told "there is a note that we reached out to you", it must have been on the telepathic channel - nothing in my email (including junk folder) or phone. But I know it will eventually make it ;).

Unfortunately it looks like your DS plays a huge role in VIN assignment and delivery process. My VIN wasn't assigned until 2/7 and my conf was complete 1/15. But my DS called me 2 days after configuration and have been in touch the whole time. I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

Seems like we might be the exception to the rule..VIN assigned and contacted by SC on the same day;

* Model S owner since 12/16
* Model 3 reservation placed - 5/3/17
* invited to configure - 1/24/18
* configured - 1/25/18
* VIN assigned 2/7/18
* first call from SC - 2/7/18
* delivery scheduled today for 2/12/18

Reactions: UkrHog and rcsting
VIN assigned 10 days after configuring and contacted via phone call the same day;

* Model S owner since 08/17
* Model 3 reservation placed - 4/1/16
* invited to configure - 1/25/18
* configured - 1/26/18
* VIN assigned 2/6/18
* first call from SC - 2/6/18
* delivery scheduled today for 2/14/18

Reactions: rcsting