Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How soon is too soon to buy accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD as of today is Nov. 1 - Dec. 6. Following the updated EDD from other members, I'm positive my EDD would ended up being between Oct-Nov. if Tesla is able to keep production high. I was thinking to start getting the all weather mats, uberturbine hubcaps and oem carpets (RWD doesn't come with it). The mats once in a while are on sale in Amazon (super liner), the hubcaps are sale in AliExpress and the OEM carpets are available in OfferUp from local sellers. Am I buying it too soon?. How long did you guys waited to get all the accessories?.

Thanks in advance!

Well, as a 2016 line waiter, I can honestly say I waited a little over a year before I started buying stuff but, for the next year, stuff was being acquired. Since then, still buying stuff (just ordered a tailgate tent for extra room while car camping).

Sales are nice but, sometimes, you have to pull the trigger while things are in stock.

Reactions: kaimanson
My EDD as of today is Nov. 1 - Dec. 6. Following the updated EDD from other members, I'm positive my EDD would ended up being between Oct-Nov. if Tesla is able to keep production high. I was thinking to start getting the all weather mats, uberturbine hubcaps and oem carpets (RWD doesn't come with it). The mats once in a while are on sale in Amazon (super liner), the hubcaps are sale in AliExpress and the OEM carpets are available in OfferUp from local sellers. Am I buying it too soon?. How long did you guys waited to get all the accessories?.

Thanks in advance!
I have the exact same EDD. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping they move the EDD bye at few more weeks. Happy waiting!

Thanks in advance!
You can buy in advance whatever you need to use immediately as soon as you take delivery of the car (mats might be an example). Others that don't take long to ship, you can wait. As mentioned by others, keep in mind the return window. Buying an accessory too early means if the item turns out defective or it doesn't work well, you may lose the return window.

Thank you for all the ideas. Yeah I had in mind the 30 days windows with Amazon. The only thing that I have bought so far has been the iberturbine hubcaps because they are coming from China. So I believe everything else is available in Amazon. Oh oh I forgot two new booster seats for the kids that I bought almost one month ago. I have a set of OEM carpet mat in my offerup list to pick-up this week. And next time that I see those super liner mats on sale again in Amazon for $169 I'll try to get it.

I have the exact same EDD. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping they move the EDD bye at few more weeks. Happy waiting!
I just saw a few posts from yesterday with OD from May 9 and May 29 getting vins

We are getting closer:

OD: 06/15 Location: South Florida
RWD-MSM-Black-Aero-Standard AP.

Jun 15 / Oct. 2022 - Jan. 2023
Jul. 27 / Nov. 21 - Jan. 2
Aug. 15 / Nov. 7 - Dec. 19
Aug. 31 / Nov. 1 - Dec. 6