Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How tell if FSD is available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
we received our model X (amazing car). For some reason, navigate on autopilot and summon don’t show up in the autopilot settings screen.

We got an inventory vehicle after someone cancelled their order, so I’m wondering if the reps accidentally gave us a car without FSD

Seems unlikely. Is there a way to confirm that the car has FSD capability?

Thanks!

we received our model X (amazing car). For some reason, navigate on autopilot and summon don’t show up in the autopilot settings screen.

We got an inventory vehicle after someone cancelled their order, so I’m wondering if the reps accidentally gave us a car without FSD

Seems unlikely. Is there a way to confirm that the car has FSD capability?

Thanks!
It should show in your tesla account. Autopilot has a calibration period of 50-100km before you can use it in the car. The steering wheel icon that normally goes blue will have a progress indicator moving around its circumference. As far as FSD goes, there are no real released feature yet. Only way is if it shows up in your tesla account. In the 'view details' page. Also, if you go to the autopilot add-ons section, do you see autopilot and FSD available for purchase?

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Thanks for the quick response. My Tesla account page doesn’t have a view details page. It’s jusf the VIN along with all the contracts and scanned documents. I can also book a service appointment, but there’s nothing about add ons or the current spec of the car.

It should show in your tesla account. Autopilot has a calibration period of 50-100km before you can use it in the car. The steering wheel icon that normally goes blue will have a progress indicator moving around its circumference. As far as FSD goes, there are no real released feature yet. Only way is if it shows up in your tesla account. In the 'view details' page. Also, if you go to the autopilot add-ons section, do you see autopilot and FSD available for purchase?
This isn't true anymore. Remember, for new owners NoA and Summon is under FSD. So technically there is FSD features out right now, so perhaps that's what he's asking about.

OP, did you buy FSD? They don't automatically come with FSD, you have to pay extra for it on top of Autopilot. Seems like you have Autopilot though.

This isn't true anymore. Remember, for new owners NoA and Summon is under FSD. So technically there is FSD features out right now, so perhaps that's what he's asking about.

OP, did you buy FSD? They don't automatically come with FSD, you have to pay extra for it on top of Autopilot. Seems like you have Autopilot though.
Yes paid for FSD. It’s in the contract

Okay don't worry too much about it. What's your software version? I remember someone mentioning you must be above 2019.5.15 for the new changes to take effect. If you're above it, give Tesla a call tomorrow.

Software version is 2019.8.4. Attached a screenshot of the autopilot settings screen.

Attachments

• EB611FF2-659A-40CF-9241-CDD9C8D186E2.jpeg
    EB611FF2-659A-40CF-9241-CDD9C8D186E2.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 167
You have Autosteer, which is a component of EAP, but not of AP. So you should be fine.

So you have, at least, EAP, which means if you paid for AP+FSD you have it FSD.

Navigate-on-autopilot needs you to
- be driving in navigation mode
- be on a freeway (or equivalent)
There’s no such thing as EAP anymore. OP said he bought the car new. Autopilot is essentially TACC + Autosteer.
NoA, Summon and Autopark is under FSD. OP should see settings for those options if they bought FSD like they said they did. Therefore it’s not activated and should contact Tesla.

Attachments

• 9871CFC2-256B-4BB4-9524-93993BCCB6C7.png
    9871CFC2-256B-4BB4-9524-93993BCCB6C7.png
    413.9 KB · Views: 124
There’s no such thing as EAP anymore. OP said he bought the car new. Autopilot is essentially TACC + Autosteer.
NoA, Summon and Autopark is under FSD. OP should see settings for those options if they bought FSD like they said they did. Therefore it’s not activated and should contact Tesla.
Thanks. What is the best way to contact them? There doesn’t seem to be a phone number for customer service. I booked an appointment with the service centre through the app but that’s in person and very inconvenient.

What the most effective way to get in touch with them?

Confirmed with Tesla that despite paying for it, FSD was not enabled on the car that we picked up but autopilot is. They submitted a ticket to get it enabled.

For those of you who enabled FSD after receiving the car, how long did that take? Did Tesla contact you before updating the car?

Confirmed with Tesla that despite paying for it, FSD was not enabled on the car that we picked up but autopilot is. They submitted a ticket to get it enabled.

For those of you who enabled FSD after receiving the car, how long did that take? Did Tesla contact you before updating the car?
I bought it online and it was less than 24 hours before I got the ‘downloaded’ message on my dashboard.