This was our first TMC Podcast. In this episode we discussed various topics, including the FSD Beta Program, matrix headlights, the effect on EVs of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, and much more.
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:50 Gas at $6.89/gallon at an Arco!?
- 3:44 Solar cells and other options to lower your carbon footprint.
- 8:30 Marc on the Cybertruck: "I think its a very hideous thing, but I love it."
- 16:40 Tesla's addictive acceleration makes it hard to get into the FSD Beta Program.
- 19:46 Louis explains what excites him about owning a Tesla, and shares his thoughts on the yoke.
- 29:40 The Model 3 has been a success, and has done what it set out to do, despite the haters.
- 33:41 What is going on with Cybertruck development?
- 37:02 Thoughts on Polestar 2 and other Model 3 alternatives.
- 44:45 What are the perceived issues preventing faster EV adoption?
- 49:41 Louis put his Plaid order on hold to make sure he is getting an S with matrix headlights.
- 54:56 If you are always waiting for the next feature (such as 3680 cells), you will never buy the car.
- 58:39 Supply shortages and the role does Russia plays (nickel, palladium). Iron battery chemistry?
- 1:12:53 How the Model 3 reinvented driving for Marc
- 1:13:47 West Virginia HB4560 bill threatens to force auto makers to only update software at dealers.
- Apple Podcasts: Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Spotify: Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Spotify
- Amazon Music: Tesla Motors Club Podcast on Amazon Music
- TuneIn: Listen to Tesla Motors Club Podcast on TuneIn