Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Tesla Reinvented Driving for Us - TMC Podcast #1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This was our first TMC Podcast. In this episode we discussed various topics, including the FSD Beta Program, matrix headlights, the effect on EVs of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, and much more.

Timestamps:
  • 0:00 Intro
  • 0:50 Gas at $6.89/gallon at an Arco!?
  • 3:44 Solar cells and other options to lower your carbon footprint.
  • 8:30 Marc on the Cybertruck: "I think its a very hideous thing, but I love it."
  • 16:40 Tesla's addictive acceleration makes it hard to get into the FSD Beta Program.
  • 19:46 Louis explains what excites him about owning a Tesla, and shares his thoughts on the yoke.
  • 29:40 The Model 3 has been a success, and has done what it set out to do, despite the haters.
  • 33:41 What is going on with Cybertruck development?
  • 37:02 Thoughts on Polestar 2 and other Model 3 alternatives.
  • 44:45 What are the perceived issues preventing faster EV adoption?
  • 49:41 Louis put his Plaid order on hold to make sure he is getting an S with matrix headlights.
  • 54:56 If you are always waiting for the next feature (such as 3680 cells), you will never buy the car.
  • 58:39 Supply shortages and the role does Russia plays (nickel, palladium). Iron battery chemistry?
  • 1:12:53 How the Model 3 reinvented driving for Marc
  • 1:13:47 West Virginia HB4560 bill threatens to force auto makers to only update software at dealers.

Co-hosts:

Producers:

Audio version:
screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.03.04-17_05_51.png

Last edited:
Would really have liked to have more of an introduction about who the hosts were (other than their names) and what they would be bringing to the podcast. I have been on TMC forever but don't really know a lot of other users except by their usernames. There are tons of knowledgeable folks on here...so why these three hosts? I don't mean to say they are in anyway wrong just no information was given. Finally how will this podcast be different from all the others (it might take some time to find its unique voice). I do love that there is a new podcast and will be listening.

Would really have liked to have more of an introduction about who the hosts were (other than their names) and what they would be bringing to the podcast. I have been on TMC forever but don't really know a lot of other users except by their usernames. There are tons of knowledgeable folks on here...so why these three hosts? I don't mean to say they are in anyway wrong just no information was given. Finally how will this podcast be different from all the others (it might take some time to find its unique voice). I do love that there is a new podcast and will be listening.
Thanks for the feedback. We will provide an introduction in the next recording (which will be podcast #3, as we are about to release #2).

We have some ideas as to how to make it unique, so that is definitely being taken into consideration.

Subscribed on Google podcasts, listened to #1, and half of 2 so far. I like it. I like that the members are open-minded and not extreme believers in Tesla-only, but can compare other manufacturers. I like the format; it's almost like just listening to some people having a conversation about all things Tesla rather than a newscast.

Reactions: scrapps and danny