Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Tesla will manage all the possible delays and postponement on delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering what will be Tesla's approach to manage all the possible delays that can happen in taking the delivery of the car

Lots of people have gone ahead with $100 booking to lock down the prices given the recent price increases.
At the same time, folks who doesn't really need a car right away or can wait, will postpone the delivery of the car for possible tax rebates.

While it is beneficial for the customer to delay taking delivery based on their priorities, do you all think Tesla will put things in place to discourage e this practice?

Just wondering what will be Tesla's approach to manage all the possible delays that can happen in taking the delivery of the car

This is not the first delay. It has been on and off since the first Roadster.

Lots of people have gone ahead with $100 booking to lock down the prices given the recent price increases.

A deposit is not a guarantee against a price increase. It is usually true but not always.

At the same time, folks who doesn't really need a car right away or can wait, will postpone the delivery of the car for possible tax rebates.
A reservation holder cannot keep refusing a delivery forever. After a certain time, the reservation holder will lose the nonrefundable deposit for the inaction.
While it is beneficial for the customer to delay taking delivery based on their priorities, do you all think Tesla will put things in place to discourage e this practice?
See above. It has been pretty much consistent since the time of the first Roadster.

If I understand correctly, there were previous occasions also when this kind of massive postponement/delaying delivery happened?
While I haven't been in these forums for long, one difference I can think of this time is the combined effect of these.... people ordering just to price lock without any real plans to take delivery due to consistent price hikes PLUS people delaying delivery date waiting for tax bill to pass

If I understand correctly, there were previous occasions also when this kind of massive postponement/delaying delivery happened?
While I haven't been in these forums for long, one difference I can think of this time is the combined effect of these.... people ordering just to price lock without any real plans to take delivery due to consistent price hikes PLUS people delaying delivery date waiting for tax bill to pass

Tesla works on its own schedule so owners are welcome to delay all they want but when Tesla is caught up and ready, it will give owners a limited time to act or they would forfeit their non-refundable reservation fee.

From some of the posts here, I see there are people who successfully delayed for months or even years. If there is any progress on the tax bill, I am sure this trend will continue but in higher volumes