TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How the heck do you fold the Model X rear sunscreen?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by JenkinsEar, Jun 30, 2018.

1. JenkinsEar

JenkinsEar Member

I got it open, and installed it. It just cuts off too much visibility out the back - I'd rather put up with the bright light and heat, and be able to see. So I want to put the screen back into its carrier bag - what's the secret?

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If it’s like the front one (overhead) and the classic wire and fabric ones for a normal windshield, you just use both hands and twist two thirds of it so it folds in thirds. Hard to explain in words. :D

You are trying to collapse it to one third the size so need to twist it so it overlays on itself.

Hope that helps!

3. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Grab it by opposite (diagonal) corners and twist your hands in opposite directions. It’ll fold up on itself in thirds.

4. McManX

McManX Member

I just leave it up all the time, keeps dogs and groceries cooler. Can’t see out the back anyway and too hard to fold.

• Funny x 1
  5. Terthen

Terthen Member

You could try tinting it. I didn’t tint the back but I did add tint to the top half of my windshield (part already tinted). Made a huge difference and may not that expensive compare to sunshade (although you’ve already purchased the sunshade). My top windshield was $150 for 3m tint, $200 for wincos