TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to access JVC single DIN unit's backup camera cable?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by gregd, May 18, 2015.

1. gregd

gregd Member

My car is a 2.0, with no backup camera. I'm thinking up things to display on the JVC NXD505 in-dash unit, via the unused video input. What is the easiest way to get access to the cable? I presume it's buried behind the unit, probably tie-wrapped in a bundle of other cables.

Is there an easy way (preferably not requiring one to sit head-down in the passenger seat) to get to it? I'm guessing the cables that are accessible behind the headlight switch panel don't include this one, but that's the idea.

Thanks,

Greg.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I think you have to pull the radio out.

Here's a thread on my install; doesn't answer your question but you might find something useful there.

Rear View Camera (pre-2.5)

3. gregd

gregd Member

Yes, definitely useful, thanks. After seeing the comment about the minimal install of cables, I rummaged through the box of stuff left by the prior owner. The good news is that I have the video cable. The bad news is that it's in my hand, not in the car.

So, remove the unit, it is.