Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to access tire pressures on the new 2020 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manual I believe is out of date as it's instructions refer to a feature that doesn't exist on my 2020 Model S LR+

Supposed to access all four tire pressures while driving but the item on my scroll wheel menu is missing.

Anyone else with a NEW Model S can explain how to access this? I hope it's just me and not another feature Tesla quietly did away with.

I just double checked the glove box light and it is on.

There is no "Car Status" in the menu button. So I tried voice command and "Car Status" doesn't offer anything. Next I spoke 'Tire Pressure Monitor" And I got a response that the "Tire Pressure monitor is active."

After fiddling with the buttons, I discovered by holding the scroll wheel on the right side down for 1 second, a new menu pops up. The first setting was blank but scrolling down I saw "Tire Pressure Monitor" and that displays all four tire pressures. Now I know how to find it. Apparently, the older Tesla's accessed it differently. If I hold the scroll wheel down more than 1 second the hidden menu doesn't show up. If I just tap the wheel it shuts off the climate control fan. which it was set to in that hidden menu. (Fan Speed)

I wonder if the blank can be programmed to something else.

BTW- I am familiar with the fuse you referenced. It is a 5 amp fuse located in the fuse panel on the passenger's side. I knew that it supplied power to the OBDII plug and the glove box light. I did not know it also supplied power to the TPMS. Thanks for that.

Holding the right button down to access the multiple settings menu is the same on mine. I thought you already did that. I suspect the blank one will be filled in later. We've not always had those choices.

Fuse stuff - welcome. Yes, OBD II, learned it the hard way

I just double checked the glove box light and it is on.

There is no "Car Status" in the menu button. So I tried voice command and "Car Status" doesn't offer anything. Next I spoke 'Tire Pressure Monitor" And I got a response that the "Tire Pressure monitor is active."

After fiddling with the buttons, I discovered by holding the scroll wheel on the right side down for 1 second, a new menu pops up. The first setting was blank but scrolling down I saw "Tire Pressure Monitor" and that displays all four tire pressures. Now I know how to find it. Apparently, the older Tesla's accessed it differently. If I hold the scroll wheel down more than 1 second the hidden menu doesn't show up. If I just tap the wheel it shuts off the climate control fan. which it was set to in that hidden menu. (Fan Speed)

I wonder if the blank can be programmed to something else.

BTW- I am familiar with the fuse you referenced. It is a 5 amp fuse located in the fuse panel on the passenger's side. I knew that it supplied power to the OBDII plug and the glove box light. I did not know it also supplied power to the TPMS. Thanks for that.

my (jan) Model S Long Range Plus has the status using the left hand wheel....I can get it on the right one as well

Some choices for left and right IC are available on either - not actually on the screen at the same time. One or two other things have only been available on one side - unless that is changed lately.

Also, for instance, bring up Media on left side. Then bring it up on right side. It shutsdown on left and comes up on right. Call it - it moves if you wish. One side at a time, not both.

Some choices for left and right IC are available on either - not actually on the screen at the same time. One or two other things have only been available on one side - unless that is changed lately.

Also, for instance, bring up Media on left side. Then bring it up on right side. It shutsdown on left and comes up on right. Call it - it moves if you wish. One side at a time, not both.

Yes! My problem was not which side but rather I didn't know there was this secret way to access the hidden menu for the tire pressure and other layout on the driver's screen. I say secret because as often as I pushed the wheel, I never held it for 1 second, no shorter, no longer to get those menus to show up.

I guess what confused me was when some were saying push the menu button, I was pushing the bottom menu button which doesn't have the tire pressure selection or car status. The top button is the voice command. ucmmdd suggested to use the scroll button but all that did was shut off my AC until I held it down for 1 second.

Do you all see a blank line item in that menu? Can something else be assigned to that or is that just reserved for Tesla future use?

Last edited:
I encourage you to read the manual. Lots of tidbits there.
Yes, this one I missed because of the way the manual stated the instructions. "Hold the scroll wheel down momentarily until the menu comes up. But that didn't work so knowing my manual is out of date I figured it was just out of date instructions. Holding the scroll button down for 1 second and releasing causes the menu to show up.

I'm also wondering if that blank slot was the old sun roof operation as that is in the instructions which is no longer available.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up