Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to access Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No car yet but Wall Connector is installed. Booted it, "joined" and commissioned it be selecting the breaker size and entering my WiFi SSID and password. It went well and the summary displayed with an IP address within my network's subset. Is there a configuration page at the IP address it received from my router? Trying to access via browser timed out.

Fing does not list it as an attached device nor does my router. Did I miss something?

Reactions: dfwatt
You aren't allowed to commission it from that interface anymore. IIRC, you can reach it and it will give off just a little information, but you can't change the config at all. I imagine this was done because of the potential security/safety issues of having some rando on the interwebs get access to your wall charger configuration.

Was interested in checking firmware version.

So, activating the Wall Connector's WiFi access point and joining it is the only way to access it?

I am puzzled as to why it reported it was connected to my WiFi network and had an IP address, and then doesn't appear on a network scan or on my router's attached devices list?

I would expect it to appear on the router attached device list. I wouldn't be really surprised if it refused to respond to a network scan.

I don't have my Gen3 connected anymore(to power or network), but I'm sure I was able to get a crappy 'status' webpage out of it to a PC on the network.

@Pepar I just went through this process. I installed it and added it to wifi, was able to access it from my router, but keep in mind the IP address changes when connected to wifi versus when connected to directly to the device. I had to go on my router to get the actual IP address of the device to be able to hit it from my web browser. That said, there's not much you can do over normal wifi, it requires you to do everything connected directly.

Mine had an old firmware, so I downloaded the firmware on my phone from this page, then connected directly to the connector (by holding down the button on the handle for 5 or so seconds so it started the onboard wifi back up) and connecting to the WallConnector SSID. I then went to http://192.168.92.1/update and uploaded the firmware i had downloaded on my phone then hit upload. It then took me to http://192.168.92.1/fwupdate where it said I had new firmware available and told me to click to update. I did that, after a few minutes it rebooted, and I'm now on the new version. I had to reconfigure the amps (it asks you what region you're in) and something else I don't remember, but now all is good.

Interestingly the new version doesn't have a status page available from your normal wifi, you have to connect directly to see anything. It also now has an option that lets you choose whether non-teslas can connect or only teslas.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexVCo and Rocky_H
FYI, mine won't let me connect at all via my router - just times out. Connecting directly I see everything correctly configured, including the network interface. Checked for updates without a problem, indicated all current. But I don't like that the WiFi is always active, occupying channel space, and that I can't see a status page from the network (the router does show it on the router device list, however).