Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to actually cancel a reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious how others have gone about cancelling a Roadster reservation.

I've had a reservation for nearly 2 years, and done waiting with money tied up in the reservation. If they ever do get them built, I'll revisit it then.

The problem is, I can't figure out how to cancel it. The agreement says "through your Tesla Account", but I can't see anything about submitting a request there. It shows my reservation number and all, but won't let me do anything. If I call, they end up transferring me to a showroom, but they don't answer and their mailbox is full, so it leaves me no options. I tried emailing the address the confirmations were sent, but it bounced back.

My next step is to drive to the nearest showroom, but that is about an hour away.

Anyone else able to share what they had to go through to cancel it?

I was finally able to get through to someone to do it. The primary issue was the location my zip code was sending me to is simply non responsive and their mailbox is full. When it asked me for my zip code, I used the zip code of one of the other showroom locations. :)

Then I was able to through to a representative and get the ball rolling at least.