Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to add FAST wireless charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really feel like deleting everything on my phone and having to reload everything just to root it.

much easier and safer IMO than tearing apart two products and trying to hack the electronics of the pixel stand and the jeda pad together somehow, without having any clue whether it's even possible. at least with this option you know it's guaranteed to work and only involves software.

i do get not wanting to wipe the phone though...that's why every new phone i get that has an unlockable bootloader i unlock it before doing anything, even if i don't plan to root. easier to do it that way and have the option to root later without having to do a full wipe on bootloader unlock after everything is set up.

much easier and safer IMO than tearing apart two products and trying to hack the electronics of the pixel stand and the jeda pad together somehow, without having any clue whether it's even possible. at least with this option you know it's guaranteed to work and only involves software.

i do get not wanting to wipe the phone though...that's why every new phone i get that has an unlockable bootloader i unlock it before doing anything, even if i don't plan to root. easier to do it that way and have the option to root later without having to do a full wipe on bootloader unlock after everything is set up.

For one, a lot of corporate applications block services to phones with unlocked bootloaders or that have been rooted. I rooted my phones back in the day when they had *sugar* software but that isn't needed as much now. I need my phone for work so rooting isn't a good option for me.

For one, a lot of corporate applications block services to phones with unlocked bootloaders or that have been rooted. I rooted my phones back in the day when they had *sugar* software but that isn't needed as much now. I need my phone for work so rooting isn't a good option for me.

you haven't been paying attention much lately, i guess. it's easy now to hide root (for the most part). my pixel is rooted and i can still use google pay as well as other apps that are designed to block use on rooted phones...

anyway though, i wasn't trying to start an argument. was just pointing out that enabling fast charging is guaranteed to work and trying to hack the pixel stand apart to work in the car is not. that is all.

I just got a pixel 4xl and want a wireless charger. How does the Jeda / taptes compare with the tesla one? Wifes phone does not have wireless charging so a hard connection option would probably be useful too.

I need one that will work with the JEDA USB hub.

Last edited:
Any will work with the Jeda hub; a USB hub is a USB hub. I've not no complaints about the Jeda charger. It even came with a spacer in case you wanted to still thread a USB cable through for one side or the other. It charges a 3XL perfectly well, even with its screen on and streaming music to the car's audio system. I only bought one Qi charger though, so I cannot compare it to the other brands.

Some people reported that the Jeda Qi charger prevents you from fully lifting the phone tray; I found this not to be the case. I don't know if I have a 'rev 2' charger or not though.

Any will work with the Jeda hub; a USB hub is a USB hub. I've not no complaints about the Jeda charger. It even came with a spacer in case you wanted to still thread a USB cable through for one side or the other. It charges a 3XL perfectly well, even with its screen on and streaming music to the car's audio system. I only bought one Qi charger though, so I cannot compare it to the other brands.

Some people reported that the Jeda Qi charger prevents you from fully lifting the phone tray; I found this not to be the case. I don't know if I have a 'rev 2' charger or not though.
The Jeda looks much more practical for charging a second phone than say the TapTes? Looks like with the TapTes you could have to mess with a corded connection andit blocks the other phone from wireless charging?

The Jeda looks much more practical for charging a second phone than say the TapTes? Looks like with the TapTes you could have to mess with a corded connection andit blocks the other phone from wireless charging?
I can't speak to the TapTes, as I have not seen one personally, but I can tell you that the Jeda hub takes two MicroUSB connections; one for the left and center Qi coil, and one for the right. That leaves the USB-C on the Jeda hub to use as you will. if you're likely to only want to wirelessly charge on one side, then you can free up the USA-A port for the other side.