Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to add spotify content to "favourites"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone - after getting the 7.1 update with spotify I've been unable to define a playlist or station as a "favourite" so that this favourite then appears under "browse - favourites". Currently this view only shows radio stations and TuneIn stations that I was able to "favourite" using the little heart icon. Has anyone figured out how to get spotify content to show up in the favourites or if this is even possible ?

And while I'm asking, I'm new to spotify and there is a little "+" plus icon in the "now playing" view. When I press this, i would imagine that this song is added to a playlist of sorts ? However I don't see that anything was added or changed when I press this plus icon.

any tips are greatly appreciated !

When you select an album, the car app will prompt you if you want to save it. It's saved, but saved to 'Songs', not saved as a playlist. I'm using my own Spotify premium account so just find the saved songs using my desktop app and then make a playlist from them. It doesn't look like there's anyway of doing that with the Tesla account as we don't know our user name or password to set it up on a phone or desktop

how to add spotify content to "favourites"

USA here--BOOOOOOOO!!! we want SPOTIFY!!!!

you guys usually get everything else first : ) let us europeans have some fun for a change : ))) don't feel too bad about it - the functionality is not great at all. you can't create playlists on your computer since you don't know your tesla credentials nor can you do it in the car. And even if you could, it would be a pain in the behind to do it via the touch screen.

Last edited:
you guys usually get everything else first : ) let us europeans have some fun for a change : ))) don't feel too bad about it - the functionality is not great at all. you can't create playlists on your computer since you don't know your tesla credentials nor can you do it in the car. And even if you could, it would be a pain in the behind to do it via the touch screen.

hahaha, you are right...we usually do get alot of things first....:)

I need some help with Spotify!
i have randomly searched for music and saved some too. Now I have a screen full of artists and music, but I cannot find a way to delete those that I no longer want I know there must be easy way, and that I must be over looking something. Can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what I have missed?

I don't think that you've missed anything, I think that the app developers have missed adding essential functionality to the app. I use my own Spotify premium account for this reason. Mind you the app has other problems with another Spotify Premium account, it doesn't automatically synchronise playlists and often drops have the playlists that suddenly are unseen. It does mean though that I can use Spotify on my phone to manage the car app even though that defeats the purpose

yeah - i wish Tesla would have added a way to access your spotify account via mytesla.com - the way it works not is almost totally unusable for me. If you can't define favourites or playlists, what is the added value ? It's a pain (and dangerous) trying to enter album or artist info while you're driving. I applaud Tesla for even providing such a service for free, but then they should at least think a little bit about usability first.