Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to adjust the Model X headrests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there no other way to adjust the headrests other than to move the seats back?
The video doesn't show how you actually adjust - and it has nothing to do with moving the seats back. :)

When you press the button on the side of the seats used for moving up/down forward/back, you get a popup on the center screen for headrest adjustment.

I'll take a video later this morning, but someone likely will post one before I get to it. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Tozla
The video doesn't show how you actually adjust - and it has nothing to do with moving the seats back. :)

When you press the button on the side of the seats used for moving up/down forward/back, you get a popup on the center screen for headrest adjustment.

I'll take a video later this morning, but someone likely will post one before I get to it. :)
Thank you. I would never have seen that despite having adjusted the lumbar the other day.

This was not explained by the DS on delivery day.

So here's a couple of pics, for people who might not know about the lumbar or headrest adjustment.

1) Press the button on the lower outside of the seat.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.36.32 PM.png
2) As soon as you press it, you have a choice on your center screen between HEADREST and LUMBAR. Pick HEADREST. Then you can use the up/down on the button on the side of the seat (not the center screen) to adjust your headrest.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 7.35.42 PM.png

Any chance there is a bug and this is not working?
Everytine I push the button on the side of the seat I do get the pop up but as soon as I push the on-screen control the pop up disappears
I've had this happening since 17.17.4 , 17.17.11 , 17.22.46

Any chance there is a bug and this is not working?
Everytine I push the button on the side of the seat I do get the pop up but as soon as I push the on-screen control the pop up disappears
I've had this happening since 17.17.4 , 17.17.11 , 17.22.46
The popup is only to choose between headrest or lumbar - after that, you use the button up/down arrows on the side of the seat to adjust.