Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to afford a Tesla on a budget - personal finance life hacks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us find the ways to afford this amazing car on a monthly salary by budgeting and making good financial choices.

To each their own but I can't see how buying or leasing an expensive vehicle is making "good financial choices" in any sense of that phrase. I didn't watch the video but I assume you have to cut down on other expenses in order to pay for this expense. If so, in my view, someone who really is making "good financial choices" would buy a revenue property, or other investment, that pays you back, before buying an expensive vehicle -- which really is just pouring money down the drain -- and makes no sense financially, no matter how you look at it.

To each their own but I can't see how buying or leasing an expensive vehicle is making "good financial choices" in any sense of that phrase. I didn't watch the video but I assume you have to cut down on other expenses in order to pay for this expense. If so, in my view, someone who really is making "good financial choices" would buy a revenue property, or other investment, that pays you back, before buying an expensive vehicle -- which really is just pouring money down the drain -- and makes no sense financially, no matter how you look at it.

If you watch the video you probably would not have this question but in short a good financial decision is the one that does not jeopardize your financial independence and future. Also, I explain in the video how you can buy this car at not such "expensive" price tag. Remember, this is not a conversation about investments, this is a conversation about how to "afford" something or simply free up more money in your existing budget.

If you watch the video you probably would not have this question but in short a good financial decision is the one that does not jeopardize your financial independence and future.

I did not have a question. There is no question mark in my post above.

We have a different view of what a good financial decision is. In my view, a good financial decision is the one that sets you up for financial independence as soon as possible and does not involve buying a significantly depreciating asset until you can adsorb those loss of funds without feeling it because you have money coming in from investments.

No disrespect intended, but you lost me on watching your videos with the first couple you posted since they proved to be a waste of time.

I did not have a question. There is no question mark in my post above.

We have a different view of what a good financial decision is. In my view, a good financial decision is the one that sets you up for financial independence as soon as possible and does not involve buying a significantly depreciating asset until you can adsorb those loss of funds without feeling it because you have money coming in from investments.

No disrespect intended, but you lost me on watching your videos with the first couple you posted since they proved to be a waste of time.

OK, great, let's agree to disagree. You don't watch my videos from now on and I don't read your posts. Deal?

Reactions: dhrivnak
Wow, AlexG, don't be so defensive ok? Is that why you ban and block so many people from your Tesla facebook group when they don't agree with or question you in any way?
You're right I probably shouldn't be responding to haters because it does make me a bid defensive. And not, that's not the reason why I ban people from my Facebook group. I usually ban them for being dicks or violating the posting guidelines.

• Disagree
Reactions: ABVA
You're right I probably shouldn't be responding to haters because it does make me a bid defensive.

Now I'm a "hater"?

I don't hate you. I don't even know you. I just debated an issue with you for which I have a different view. That's all. I also thought we did so respectfully so it surprises me when you use the term "hater" directed my way.

Also, here's a life planning tip for you: If you agree that your responses are making you look "a bit defensive" it doesn't help by calling me a "hater" in that very same sentence.

And you get that tip without even having to watch a video about it.... ;)

You're right I probably shouldn't be responding to haters because it does make me a bid defensive. And not, that's not the reason why I ban people from my Facebook group. I usually ban them for being dicks or violating the posting guidelines.

Really? Because you banned me when I posted a simple question: Why do you accept paid advertising? You kicked me out of your group and blocked me so I could no longer even see your group on Facebook. All because I asked a question. No warning. No explanation. No dialog. Since then I've met hundreds of other Tesla owners and enthusiasts who have said the same thing about you. One of those that you banned started a national group that has many thousands of members. You have inspired a movement.

You're right I probably shouldn't be responding to haters because it does make me a bid defensive. And not, that's not the reason why I ban people from my Facebook group. I usually ban them for being dicks or violating the posting guidelines.[/QUOTE

Just because Ampedrealtor and Canuck have a difference of opinion does not, by any stretch of imagination, make them your hater. Having different opinions best serves the diversity within the community we have on this forum, with TESLA the brand, binding us all together. Doesn't hating the "Haters" make you a bigger Hater?

BTW: Using "dicks" and reference to "posting guidelines violation" in same sentence is so oxymoronic that it becomes a violation in itself. Aren't you violating the standards you are referring to, or standards ONLY apply to others?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be simpler to buy within your means?
Really? Because you banned me when I posted a simple question: Why do you accept paid advertising?
Sorry, didn't notice that Alexg is expecting/accepting paid advertising!!
Is that the reason why most of his posts start with youtube videos. Maybe intent is to get lots of clicks/views.

Status
Not open for further replies.