TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How to arrange Fremont factory visit

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Exscite, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM.

1. Exscite

Exscite Member

I'm a happy owner of Model 3 and we are planning a visit to the Bay Area in early Sept. I would like to see the Tesla plant. Can anyone tell me how to arrange a Tesla Fremont factory visit-
    what days is it available? can I book it online? is there a visitor's parking?

2. DriveMe

DriveMe Member

#2 DriveMe, Aug 14, 2019 at 11:17 AM
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 11:29 AM
    Try sending an email to [email protected]
    (Used to be [email protected])

Though it might be too late for early September.

Tours are for Tesla owners only, so you will need to provide your VIN#, I think.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

I'm going to SF tomorrow morning, and have the Fremont factory tour tomorrow afternoon! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Yes, you need to email the above address, but you generally need to book well in advance. No harm in emailing, and in my experience they were VERY quick to reply.

From their email:

• We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 5pm
    • Owners’ Tours are not available on weekends or major holidays
    • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
    • All minors must be accompanied by an adult
    • No infants or toddlers (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
    • We allocate 4 seats per owner group, and the registered Tesla owner must be present with their guests on the tour
    • We are able to allocate extra seats only if the entire tour party is the owners’ immediate nuclear family (registered owner, spouse, and more than 2 dependent children)
    • We cannot reserve tours more than two months in advance
    • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
    • Tesla owners may book one tour per calendar year
    Parking may be limited, so use the complimentary Valet Parking near the Main Lobby if you have any problems finding a parking spot

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

[email protected] still works as of 2 weeks ago.

• Like x 1
  5. GreenMtnM3

GreenMtnM3 Member

They say they book out several weeks, but in March I was in the area on a last minute business trip, emailed the tours email, and they got me onto a tour 2 days later. It was great! The folks that coordinate the tours were really helpful.

• Like x 1
  6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

The tour is great. I remember from the last earnings call that they said the factory is changing so rapidly that someone will not recognize things from one tour to another.

It's kinda like Willy Wonka's factory, only they're making Teslas instead of Wonka Bars.

• Like x 1
  7. Exscite

Exscite Member

Thanks for all the advice. My plan is to be in Fremont in 3 weeks.
    I've Emailed [email protected] as suggested here and received the Tesla-Tours automatic reply in less than a minute:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Factory Tours! We can’t wait to show you our ground breaking facility and how we make our revolutionary vehicles. Due to the overwhelming amount of tour requests we receive, our team will respond to you within the next 48 business hours. Our schedule fills up 2 to 4 weeks in advance so unfortunately, last minute requests cannot be accommodated.

If you are a Tesla owner, please provide us with your reservation number or VIN for us to reference your account.

Thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Tesla Tours