Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to arrange Fremont factory visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a happy owner of Model 3 and we are planning a visit to the Bay Area in early Sept. I would like to see the Tesla plant. Can anyone tell me how to arrange a Tesla Fremont factory visit-
what days is it available? can I book it online? is there a visitor's parking?

I'm going to SF tomorrow morning, and have the Fremont factory tour tomorrow afternoon! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Yes, you need to email the above address, but you generally need to book well in advance. No harm in emailing, and in my experience they were VERY quick to reply.

From their email:

• We host factory tours for Tesla owners Monday-Friday promptly at 10am, 11am, 1pm, and 5pm
  • Owners’ Tours are not available on weekends or major holidays
  • Tours last approximately 60 minutes
  • All minors must be accompanied by an adult
  • No infants or toddlers (0 – 36 months old) permitted on the tour
  • We allocate 4 seats per owner group, and the registered Tesla owner must be present with their guests on the tour
  • We are able to allocate extra seats only if the entire tour party is the owners’ immediate nuclear family (registered owner, spouse, and more than 2 dependent children)
  • We cannot reserve tours more than two months in advance
  • We suggest booking at least 2-4 weeks in advance to ensure you get a seat on a tour
  • Tesla owners may book one tour per calendar year
Parking may be limited, so use the complimentary Valet Parking near the Main Lobby if you have any problems finding a parking spot

Thanks for all the advice. My plan is to be in Fremont in 3 weeks.
I've Emailed [email protected] as suggested here and received the Tesla-Tours automatic reply in less than a minute:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Factory Tours! We can’t wait to show you our ground breaking facility and how we make our revolutionary vehicles. Due to the overwhelming amount of tour requests we receive, our team will respond to you within the next 48 business hours. Our schedule fills up 2 to 4 weeks in advance so unfortunately, last minute requests cannot be accommodated.

If you are a Tesla owner, please provide us with your reservation number or VIN for us to reference your account.

Thank you and we look forward to your visit.

Tesla Tours

OK, we have been there and done that. We have a Model 3 for less than a year, and finally we took the Fremont factory tour.

• Great tour reservation experience via [email protected]
  • Easy parking in front of the visitor's center (Superchargers available too)
  • The 45 minutes morning tour started on time, and was hosted by a great guide
  • Comfortable sitting in a Disneyland-style trolley/train (electric of course), driving/snaking around this huge place.
  • Amazing- mind blowing factory. All the robots humming along, and every once in awhile you can also see one (of the 9000) human there too.
    The attached picture is not mine, I just picked it up from the Internet. Cameras are NOT allowed on the tour. But this is exactly what you see.
  • From our hotel room across the freeway I could see endless parade of semis loaded with Tesla cars, moving out 24 hours a day.

Attachments

• 2019_9_Tesla Factory Fremont (3).JPG
    2019_9_Tesla Factory Fremont (3).JPG
    336 KB · Views: 3,499
  • 2019_9_Tesla Factory Fremont (6).jpg
    2019_9_Tesla Factory Fremont (6).jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 1,238
The tour is great. I remember from the last earnings call that they said the factory is changing so rapidly that someone will not recognize things from one tour to another.

It's kinda like Willy Wonka's factory, only they're making Teslas instead of Wonka Bars.
No one is perfect....but they could at least try to make the cars out of chocolate, it was one of the disappointments of the tour I would think (seriously though the family has had several folks through-supposed to be fun..but no chocolate).

• Funny
Reactions: statisticsmike
Tesla has now stopped doing factory tours at Fremont due to the coronavirus. Here's the message from Tesla:

Tesla is actively monitoring the impacts of the Coronavirus and is taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of our community is a top priority.

In order to take every preventative measure and in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance during this flu season, we are temporarily pausing tours until further notice. We’re happy to help reschedule your visit at a future date.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we continue to ensure our guests’ health and safety. We look forward to welcoming you to our factory in the future.​

I will like to visit the facility
My brother in law is a racing car pilot from Dominican Republic
He will be in the area since July 21st until August the 2nd
Any date between these days to make a visit??
Here is the contact information, the reservation was for up to four person, I don't know if the tours restarted since COVID, please keep us informed if you receive an answer:

Factory Tours Program
Fremont Factory | 45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538​

Here’s the response I just received when inquiring:
Thank you for contacting Factory Tours.

Tesla is actively monitoring the impacts of the Coronavirus and is taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of our community is a top priority. In order to take every preventative measure and in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance, we are temporarily pausing tours until further notice.

If you are interested in joining a waitlist to receive an update on when Factory Tours will resume, please fill out the followingform.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we continue to ensure our employee and guests’ health and safety. We look forward to welcoming you to our factory in the future.

I got this automated response

Thank you for contacting Factory Tours.

Tesla is actively monitoring the impacts of the Coronavirus and is taking proactive steps to ensure the safety of our community is a top priority. In order to take every preventative measure and in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control guidance, we are temporarily pausing tours until further notice.

If you are interested in joining a waitlist to receive an update on when Factory Tours will resume, please fill out the following form.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we continue to ensure our employee and guests’ health and safety. We look forward to welcoming you to our factory in the future.

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you soon.

Sincerely,

Tesla Tours