Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to attach front license plate to new Model S - and general support question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I want to attach the front license plate to my new Model S but I don’t see any screws for it. Did it come with them, or do I need to order them? I did not see them in the Tesla store online.

More generally, where does one go for support? The Tesla forum seems to be read only now. I know they have a roadside assistance number, but that doesn’t seem like the appropriate venue for questions like this.

Thank you.

The front license plate is glued on. Funny that it was not attached to the car when delivered as, technically, it has to be delivered that way. Go to your friendly body shop and ask them to attach it for you, should not cost much.

Here is a link to the Tesla Parts Catalog: Parts Catalog . You must log into your Tesla Account to view. It looks like it is just stuck on with tape. Part number is listed. You can create a service ticket through the app, Other, and say Parts Only and describe the part or give the part number. Check it out in the catalogue first. Here is a direct link to the front license plate parts for the 2021+. Parts Catalog

TAPE, FR LICENSE PLATE BRACKET, NA, MS1618570-00-A

ATPMSD also has a good suggestion.