Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to avoid idle fee at super charger station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am a new model 3 owner and recently charged at a super charging station which had an idle fee after the car charged to the limit specified.
But I dont think I saw a notification on the mobile app giving me a 1% warning that the charging session is almost complete. Is that enabled or capable from the mobile app?

Hi,
I am a new model 3 owner and recently charged at a super charging station which had an idle fee after the car charged to the limit specified.
But I dont think I saw a notification on the mobile app giving me a 1% warning that the charging session is almost complete. Is that enabled or capable from the mobile app?
I think I consistently got a push notification from my phone app warning that charging is almost complete, disconnect to void idle fees.

A couple of times when I wasn't able to get back to my car right away when it was about to finish charging, I just upped the limit. I was in line waiting for food so it only took me a couple of minutes before I could go out to leave or move the car.