Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to become a Tesla Certified Body Shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an acquaintance who owns a high quality body shop, handling mostly high end Jaguar, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, etc., here in West Virginia. A lot of the cars he seeing now include aluminum body parts, so his team is trained and experienced with working in aluminum. There are no Tesla Certified shops in West Virginia, and my friend would like to find out what it takes to become a Tesla certified shop. With the increasing number of Tesla cars now showing up in the state, he thinks before long there will be folks needing his help, especially with the large white-tailed deer herd in the state (and now a few Elk!) Now anyone needing repairs has to go to Columbus, Pittsburgh or some other distance town to find repairs.

Anyway, I can't find anything on the Tesla web site about becoming a Tesla Certified body shop. Does anyone know how to contact Tesla about this question? I know Tesla can't open a store in West Virginia, but I don't see why they can't contract a third party to fix their cars in this state.

So, please, a little help. How do I help my friend?

Thanks,
WVhybrid