TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to bring up the new clock in instrument?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by w2830, Oct 16, 2015.

1. w2830

w2830 Member

Hi everyone, I've been driving my friends few weeks old P90D which was updated to V7 of software. I've been seeing videos and pictures of the instrument with the clock on one side and the trip data on the other side after the update. But mine does not show any of these at all. Is it something that needs to be activated? Thanks for your time in advance. :)

2. Razlak

Razlak Member

Click and hold the scroll wheel on the side of the screen you want to change and it will pop up a list of apps you can run there.

3. Majerus

Majerus Member

Press in either of the scroll wheels, it will pop up the apps that you can scroll though, and scroll to clock and then press on scroll wheel again. BTW, I cannot believe anyone would want that damn clock on the display. I think it looks awful.

4. cbin97

cbin97 Member

On the steering wheel you hold down the left wheel button that you use for volume. That will let you choose from a bunch of options. You can also swap which side of the screen they show up on.

5. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Also the owners manual has detailed instructions on how to choose which apps are displayed on either side of the dashboard. Anyone new to the Model S really should take the time to read through it, even if you've never done that with other cars. This is not like other cars.

6. Owner

Owner Active Member

It is kind of ugly but I want to know the time.... and the other display of it is so far away

7. gene

gene Active Member

8. w2830

w2830 Member

Awesome! That are some quick responses. Thanks a lot gentlemen!:):)