Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to calculate saved emissions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Does anyone know of an online calculator that can work out the positive benefits of miles driven in an EV?

Specifically... I am putting together a business proposal and being 'green' is important to the client. I've driven a Tesla as my primary vehicle for 4 years now. That includes business trips from Toronto to Boston, New York, Chicago, Halifax, Montreal, and Wyoming.

I'd like to put a tangible number in the proposal like 'having driven 75,000km in an electric car has saved X-amount of greenhouse gas emissions'... plus maybe any other bonuses that I may not be aware of.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Hello,

Does anyone know of an online calculator that can work out the positive benefits of miles driven in an EV?

Specifically... I am putting together a business proposal and being 'green' is important to the client. I've driven a Tesla as my primary vehicle for 4 years now. That includes business trips from Toronto to Boston, New York, Chicago, Halifax, Montreal, and Wyoming.

I'd like to put a tangible number in the proposal like 'having driven 75,000km in an electric car has saved X-amount of greenhouse gas emissions'... plus maybe any other bonuses that I may not be aware of.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
It is relatively easy to build a spreadsheet for CO2 reduction for your home charging. Many utilities publish their percentages of power sources, coal, gas, renewable, but there is a wild card as well since the last source is "imported from the Grid", and you can't know what the source would be for that portion.

More difficult to estimate is that portion of your use that is from superchargers. I think you would be hard put to determine who the POCOs are for many of them nor the portion for those with solar panels that is sourced off the Grid.

Last edited: