Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to calibarate self presenting door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is 2 weeks old. And suddenly the self presenting function is not working. When you approaching the vehicle. It did unlock itself but will not automatically open the drivers door. That is a really nice function that I loved. Do anyone have experience about this?

My X is 2 weeks old. And suddenly the self presenting function is not working. When you approaching the vehicle. It did unlock itself but will not automatically open the drivers door. That is a really nice function that I loved. Do anyone have experience about this?
Simon, did you doublecheck that autopresent is still on (under controls/settings/vehicle/doors)? It might have been set to default/off in the latest firmware update

Check the reset sticky at the top of the Model X threads.

Also make sure nothing is along side the drivers side of the car, especially within the area of the FWD since that is where the sensors are that detect a possible object for the side of the car.

Did you get this fix? I am experiencing the same problem. Self presenting door does not work. It worked once or twice when I first received the car when the sale advisor demonstrated it but she was having difficulty in demonstrating the feature. I have a hunch that this feature did not work at all when I picked up my MX. My advisor advised me to turn off the feature claiming that the door may hit someone or something. After one week, I turned on the feature because I wanted to use it. I discovered that it is not working. I took my car in for service because of this and the service tech. claimed that it was related to the recent software update. Why am I paying for this useless feature?

Did you get this fix? I am experiencing the same problem. Self presenting door does not work. It worked once or twice when I first received the car when the sale advisor demonstrated it but she was having difficulty in demonstrating the feature. I have a hunch that this feature did not work at all when I picked up my MX. My advisor advised me to turn off the feature claiming that the door may hit someone or something. After one week, I turned on the feature because I wanted to use it. I discovered that it is not working. I took my car in for service because of this and the service tech. claimed that it was related to the recent software update. Why am I paying for this useless feature?

My father also just took delivery of his Model X, and wants to use this feature, but it doesn't seem to work. He has the PUP, which has this feature as part of that package. It shows that it is enabled in the Settings/Doors. I'm guessing something is off with the latest firmware that Tesla released. Also, I do not have this issue on my Model X (HW1.0), the self presenting driver's side door works just fine and has always worked fine.

My father also just took delivery of his Model X, and wants to use this feature, but it doesn't seem to work. He has the PUP, which has this feature as part of that package. It shows that it is enabled in the Settings/Doors. I'm guessing something is off with the latest firmware that Tesla released. Also, I do not have this issue on my Model X (HW1.0), the self presenting driver's side door works just fine and has always worked fine.

If he has |v8.0(17.9.3)| AP2 |, then nothing is OFF with his firmware, it might be his hardware.

If he has |v8.0(17.9.3)| AP2 |, then nothing is OFF with his firmware, it might be his hardware.
I have AP2 update 17.9.3. You are right. It is not software. However, Tesla tech. is telling me that it is software related. I am getting very frustrated with this new car. I took delivery last month and what I got was a lemon. The control for the driver seat failed. This and that failed. I bought top of the line model and nothing but troubles. I love my MX but it does come free. I will try to go to another service center.

Have you tried the FOB door opening yet, as below

Self-Presenting driver door: Enable automatic doors (PUP)

Driver door 1st dbl FOB clk open

Passenger door 2nd dbl FOB clk open

The key fob works just fine. First click opens driver door. 2nd click opens passenger door. The self presenting door does not work at all. The automatic lock works intermittently. This is so frustrating.

This is definitely a hardware issue. We got a defective car.

I made a new X and self presenting door has never worked. Open from fob and that's it. I tried scroll reset and cycling auto opening setting. A dealer told me it was disabled with last software update. Now I am on 8.1 and still nothing ? Any ideas anyone?

I made a new X and self presenting door has never worked. Open from fob and that's it. I tried scroll reset and cycling auto opening setting. A dealer told me it was disabled with last software update. Now I am on 8.1 and still nothing ? Any ideas anyone?
Yes, that's the behavior I have also. But I (and maybe others), welcome it, until it's decoupled with fob-type opening. Pure self presenting might open unintentionally into and when a car passes untimely close when you've triggered the sensor.

|v8.1(17.11.3)| AP2 |

Our local service center has confirmed this is a hardware issue. My father just took delivery of his X and this did not work, so they have scheduled an appointment to replace a "module" that is tied to the sensor in the driver's door, that should enable this feature. It is not software related...

Again, this works just fine in my Model X, no matter where I approach the door from (i.e. from the drive's side, from the front, or from the back).