Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to call the on-screen dialer while driving in version 8?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The version 8.0 it fade out all apps while driving, we can't call the on-screen dialer to make a phone call while driving except by voice command in English. The voice command takes several step to make a call at last. I know it is not good.o_O

The version 8.0 it fade out all apps while driving, we can't call the on-screen dialer to make a phone call while driving except by voice command in English. The voice command takes several step to make a call at last. I know it is not good.o_O
Unless Hong Kong software is different than U. S., just touch the map on the center screen. The icons on the top will appear and you can then touch the phone icon and dial. The dialer will appear on the bottom of the screen by default. You can force it to appear on the top by holding down the icon for a short time and then dragging it.

Unless Hong Kong software is different than U. S., just touch the map on the center screen. The icons on the top will appear and you can then touch the phone icon and dial. The dialer will appear on the bottom of the screen by default. You can force it to appear on the top by holding down the icon for a short time and then dragging it.

It is the same in Hong Kong cars.

except by voice command in English

It can be in Cantonese, and it's better than before as you can now just read out the number, e.g. "打畀 1878200 (or another other number you want)" and voice command will call that number. The accuracy is quite high (100% so far in my case), it becomes simpler to make phone call during driving now

It can be in Cantonese, and it's better than before as you can now just read out the number, e.g. "打畀 1878200 (or another other number you want)" and voice command will call that number. The accuracy is quite high (100% so far in my case), it becomes simpler to make phone call during driving now

Yes. The voice detection is very accurate. When u call out a name, on the dashboard it may show up couple of choices and you just scroll to locate the right one and press the scroll briefly. It's done.

Thank mattse, will try to change my os to Chinese:)

But as thimel said "just touch the map on the center screen. The icons on the top will appear" , I try but maybe not working in my car?
By the way, in right side wheel menu, I found "recent call list", it fine for me to call my recent friends.