Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to cancel a reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,
I need help. I would like to cancel my reservation for Tesla Model 3. I followed the instructions - "go to My Tesla on the website, click on the "Manage" button for your Model 3 reservation, and there's a link at the bottom of the first paragraph to "...request a cancellation"."
But I do not have link for "request a cancellation".

I can't get anyone on the phone.
What to do? How to cancel a reservation? How to return the deposit?

Hi, I have the same issue. When the 3 was first anounced, I put down a £1000 reservation fee, fully refundable. but I have not ordered a car. previous threads have reffered to clicking a button on the website, which no longer exists. the contact number doesnt get answered and seems to only be about orders. the website contact form brings no response. I see other threads about raising a ticket to get a refund, How do you go about doing that? am I really down to sending a letter to head office?

Hi, I have the same issue. When the 3 was first anounced, I put down a £1000 reservation fee, fully refundable. but I have not ordered a car. previous threads have reffered to clicking a button on the website, which no longer exists. the contact number doesnt get answered and seems to only be about orders. the website contact form brings no response. I see other threads about raising a ticket to get a refund, How do you go about doing that? am I really down to sending a letter to head office?

I’m amazed that you’ve held onto it so long!

I am in the UK
Not sure if it's the same on the UK website, but on the US one (and this is CyberTruck) this is what you're looking for.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 3.15.39 PM.png

RIGHT - I have got this sorted now. on my UK tesla website, there was a page for my local sales team, giving the phone number that I havd previously tried with no luck and an email address I hadnt tried. I recommend emailing
[email protected]
they took my bank details and reservation number and logged the request. they gave the usual " it will be 45 days" but it has been less than a week and I have the refund.
:)