TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How to Cancel Model 3 Reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vciotti, Apr 11, 2016.

1. vciotti

vciotti New Member

Does anyone know how to cancel a Model 3 reservation? I accidentally reserved two on launch day because the site was getting pounded and it kept telling me my reservation was failing. Finally I succeeded but apparently two of them went through. I tried contacting Tesla through email (never heard back) then I tried calling a store where I spoke to someone who sounded like they really wanted to help. She took my contact information but never followed up. I looked all over the site but couldn't find anything.

2. deonb

deonb Active Member

You should contact them, but careful contacting them through multiple channels. They may delete both you reservations, and then you end up losing your spot.

I'd personally wait 3 weeks between every contact attempt.

• Informative x 1
  3. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

You could call the sales number on the contact page of the Tesla website. They will help, just have your RN available if possible.

• Like x 1
  4. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

They have also said that the site would be updated to allow you to cancel a reservation yourself in the coming weeks.

5. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

Depending on your spot, and with 300k+ sold I'd consider trying to flip it for some money if possible.

6. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Reservations can't be sold/transferred without Tesla's written permissions. (And that probably isn't going to happen.)

7. travwill

travwill Member

It is quite difficult it seems. I sent them an email to cancel one on day after unveil. Then talked to them on the phone to verify cancellation per their request.

Still have yet to see it cancel and get a refund here like 10 days or so later...