Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to change Owner's linked email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the issue

I had a Model 3 and registered it with my email. I had some free miles given with purchase. I also got some referral miles.

We then got a Model Y and because of the referral program it was purchased in my spouse's name with her email. Both of us got 1000 referral miles each.

But her referral miles expired within 6 months. Because of the referral program mine is set to expire mid 2022. Unfortunately my vehicle was involved in an accident and got totalled. So now I have all these referral miles sitting in my account and the Tesla we have is liked to my wife's account.

So how do we have the Tesla owner's changed from my spouse to my account so that we can use the free supercharger miles before they are gone. Should I have to call Tesla, or go to a Tesla dealer 100 miles away or can it be done online?

Also, now that the referral program is no more, is there any way those miles can be extended beyond the purchase date short of buying another Tesla or having Tesla solar roof.

Bumping up to see if anyone has any idea on how to do it short of calling Tesla and not going anywhere.
Can't you just transfer the car to a new e-mail or account via trade/sell button? When you sell your Tesla there is an option to assign it to a new email.

I'd call Tesla to confirm this is the correct method of transferring car ownership. Registration + title is always controlled by the state (not Telsa).

Reactions: Kaisoku(Fast)